Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-04-22 14:13:21

inisheer

How to get a widget to display based on a script?

I am trying to post a search widget for an affiliate in a sidebar of my site http://collegesanduniversitiesinnewyorkstate.com/

I have instructions from the affiliate on A) putting some script into the header of my site (I want this widget to appear globally) and putting another piece of script where I want to widget to render.

I have messed around with this a lot but for starters, I’m really not sure how to put the first piece of script into the header. Can anyone help?
Thanks!

#2 2014-04-22 17:42:18

maruchan
Website

Re: How to get a widget to display based on a script?

Are you having trouble locating your website’s header within Textpattern? Can you look under Pages or Forms for something that starts with <!DOCTYPE html>?

#3 2014-04-22 19:59:06

inisheer

I don’t see any links for “pages” or “forms” anywhere in my textpattern panel.

#4 2014-04-22 20:53:45

uli

Try whether these work:

Page

Form

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#5 2014-04-22 21:13:59

inisheer

OK the plot thickens. On both of those I get “restricted area” message. I had this site done a long time ago by a developer I’m having a hard time reaching now. Do I have to change my permissions or something. I don’t know how to do it – if it helps I do have back end access to the root directory on hosting.
Thanks!

Last edited by inisheer (2014-04-22 21:14:28)

#6 2014-04-22 21:32:11

jakob
Admin
Website

Hi inisheer, I have mailed you back – please check your mail and if you can’t find my message, I asked whether you resend the content of your mail with the full mail (including the attachment with the instructions from the affiliate and the actual html and script for the widget) and I’ll add it for you. The “restricted area” messages are because the forms are stored as files and synced with the database – better not to change that (the restricted access to the panel prevents editing in two places resulting in a tangle). Anyhow, it should be possible to add the widget without needing to edit the page template or forms directly.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer