You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-04-10 01:11:49

mwr
Website

Unsafe operation?

I’ve been occasionally getting this message when I try to save:

“I’m sorry. I’m afraid I can’t do that; css css_save is an unsafe operation.”

What does it mean?

Update: I can get around the problem by switching browsers, but it eventually crops up again.

Last edited by mwr (2014-04-10 01:24:44)

Mark

#2 2014-04-10 12:52:04

uli

Re: Unsafe operation?

See whether anything from Gocom’s post offers a reason, or “cache” as Gaekwad localises it one post below.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2014-04-10 16:13:49

mwr
Website

The solution seems to be to stop using the built-in CSS editor. I haven’t done that for years, but thought I’d give it a try while redesigning my site.

Update: I’m having problems with my other sites as well, one of which is not Textpattern. So at this point I’m thinking it’s an issue with my web host.

Last edited by mwr (2014-04-10 18:18:42)

Mark

#4 2014-04-11 11:55:06

uli

mwr wrote:

I can get around the problem by switching browsers
[…]
Update: I’m having problems with my other sites as well, one of which is not Textpattern.

Just an idea: Is your primary browser Firefox, with browser.formfill.enable set to “true” (type “about:config” in the URL field and press enter, then use the search field there) and/or you tend to go back and forth in browser history while editing the CSS?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#5 2014-04-15 16:20:32

mwr
Website

It turns out that it was indeed the fault of the web host. The server I’m on had to undergo emergency repairs. I guess I should have complained to them earlier — they were actually fast to respond once I brought it up.

I started out with TextDrive, moved on to Joyent, then to TextDrive2, then jumped ship when it was clear it was sinking. It’s tough deciding on a good web host. I’m glad this one moved quickly so resolve the problem, but I’m not happy that the problem occurred in the first place. Luckily none of my sites are so important that they can’t have a little down time.

But now I’m looking at moving a wordpress.com site to a web host, and I’m once again wondering where to turn. This is a news site that gets a steady stream of traffic so any down time would be very bad, especially since we hope to sell ads for it.

Any suggestions on a reliable web host would be appreciated. We do have a bit of a budget so it doesn’t necessarily have to be cheap.

Mark

#6 2014-04-15 22:04:14

maruchan
Website

For WordPress sites, WPEngine gets great reviews IIRC. For TXP sites I know of lots of great hosts and there are other threads about that here on the forum.

Board footer