Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-03-11 22:24:05

6sigma
Website

Still can't access site...

Beginning about 8am today, I had hoped to move 4 domains and 4 email addresses from TextDrive to Pair. Three of the domains have static or placeholder pages. One of the domains is an old Textpattern weblog. I still cannot access the site called rodentregatta.com from either the public or Txp administrative sides. I get this error message: “Forbidden You don’t have permission to access / on this server.”

Having been at this all day, I’m probably overlooking something simple. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited by 6sigma (2014-03-11 22:54:33)

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#2 2014-03-11 22:56:54

bici
Website Mastodon

Re: Still can't access site...

6sigma wrote #279678:

Beginning about 8am today, I had hoped to move 4 domains and 4 email addresses from TextDrive to Pair. Three of the domains have static or placeholder pages. One of the domains is an old Textpattern weblog. I still cannot access the site called rodentregatta.com from either the public or Txp administrative sides. I get this error message: “Forbidden You don’t have permission to access / on this server.”

Having been at this all day, I’m probably overlooking something simple. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

i can see it.
what server are you on?

UPDATE> i see that your textpattern folder is not reachable … if i proceed t/ /textpattern i get:
Rodent Regatta: 404 Not Found
The requested resource was not found.
http://rodentregatta.com/

update 2> now it is working. i can reach the login area

Last edited by bici (2014-03-11 23:01:06)

…. texted postive

#3 2014-03-11 23:06:03

6sigma
Website

Re: Still can't access site...

Well, I’m reluctant to scare everybody who may be sharing a server with me at Pair, but I think my server name is rodentregatta.pairserver.com.

[Note: After dealing with this all day today, I can assure anyone who might be concerned about sharing that server that I will not be accessing/using it. All of this is very likely to just sit idle for several more years. I’ll eventually find somewhere else I can write without creating problems.]

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

Board footer