Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2014-03-10 00:31:49

jstubbs
Website

Re: Connecting my Ceramic Dictionary with pottery in internet

GugUser wrote #279607:

Hi Jonathan. It seems you have access to administrate this website. Maybe you can correct the language select list. The <option> element can not contain another element. For this reason, the site doesn’t validate.

Hi! That select list is produced by the <txp:l10n_lang_list wraptag="select" /> tag, so the “stray spans” reported by the validator come from the MLP code – in this case the “ltr” attribute contained in a <span> tag. Removing the <span> tag produced by MLP would involve fiddling with the MLP code – and I’m not good enough with PHP to do that unfortunately.

#14 2014-03-10 08:43:20

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

jstubbs wrote #279614:

Hi! That select list is produced by the <txp:l10n_lang_list wraptag="select" /> tag, so the “stray spans” reported by the validator come from the MLP code – in this case the “ltr” attribute contained in a <span> tag. Removing the <span> tag produced by MLP would involve fiddling with the MLP code

Hi Jonathan, there is another option:

<txp:etc_query data='<txp:l10n_lang_list wraptag="select" />'
	replace="//option={.//text()}" />

or, if you want to preserve the spans dir attribute

<txp:etc_query data='<txp:l10n_lang_list wraptag="select" />'
	replace="//option@@dir={string(span/@dir)}@?={.//text()}" />

#15 2014-03-14 08:55:51

susan mussi

Thank you for your answer, there are many things I would like to know about Textpattern, here are three!
a) Is there a way of knowing how many illustrations, word sections and words there are in my dictionary? When I open a section in MLP it tells me the amount of words it has but I do not fancy adding up 1200 word sections!
b) In the section “about” I cannot add illustrations in “Article image;” would it be possible to do this?
c) In the section “Featured articles” is it possible to set it up like MLP so the ones on the same subject but in different languages fall together?

Susan

#16 2014-03-14 15:42:43

els

Hi Susan,

a) Do you want to know this to display it on the website, or do you only need it for yourself? I’m asking this because there are ways to count images and words (which, in Textpattern language, are ‘articles’) for display on (a page of) your website. To do this, a plugin needs to be installed. If you need it just for your own use, I think it must be possible too, but the way to achieve this is different.

b) It should be possible to add illustrations to every section, so if you can’t do this in section ‘About’ it must be some specific setup for your site. I’m sure Jonathan can help you with this.

c) I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. Do you want to add for instance on the English page the links to the Catalan and Spanish translations? Like there is now the image for ‘Pot lift’ and underneath it it should read: ca: pales d’elevació es: palas de elevación?

Board footer