Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-02-14 07:40:25

Destry
Website

Login landing location based on role type?

Is there a plugin that allows this ability?

I’m using smd_user_manager and smd_bio together for a multi-author project (who doesn’t?). I want the ability to make “Freelancers” land on the User manager panel, so the first thing they see is their name in the user accounts list (helps encourage them to check their bio data).

But higher editors don’t need this location so I’d want to assign a different landing. Same for any role type, if needed.

Am I missing where this can be done? Forum search isn’t throwing anything up.

(Maybe this is a feature call for smd_user_manager.)

#2 2014-02-14 09:58:20

jstubbs
Website

Re: Login landing location based on role type?

That would be awesome. In addition, it would be good to be able to assign an article to a particular author/user, for example a publisher writes an article but wants to assign it to another author/user.

#3 2014-02-14 10:05:42

Destry
Website

J,

I just do that using the “change author” function at bottom of Articles panel list once the Freelancer has an account.

Is that not what problem you’re solving?

-dw

#4 2014-02-14 10:57:46

jstubbs
Website

Yes I can do that but its a pain to publish the article first then change the author. I’m proposing that an author or publisher be able to assign an article to another author on publication. At the moment on TXP Tips I have to publish the article then manually change the author of the article. Its not a big issue, but would be nice to be able to assign an author on publication via a plugin or in the core.

#5 2014-02-15 18:24:21

maverick
Website

Destry – It’s not quite what you asked, but I’ve seen something similar using smd_tabber set as the default landing page and smd_bio tags used to display the info.

Board footer