Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2014-01-26 20:12:12

mwr
Website

[Solved] Trouble connecting to database for moved website

Update: this has been resolved by someone at Inmotion support.

I’m trying to move my website from from TextDrive to Inmotion, but I’m getting the error “database unavailable.” I thought it might be a problem with configuration, but I got this reply from Inmotion support:

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the actual CMS, or the database that it is connecting to.

To make sure that the database connection was working, I created a new user with the same password, and added it to the database. I then added it to your configuration file. Unfortunately, the error still exists.

This means that the issue is not with the settings you are using to connect to the database. It could be an issue with either the Textpattern setup, or something it is expecting to find in the database. Unfortunately, we are not able to see what exactly is expected from Textpattern. I would recommend contacting Textpattern support, or making a post in their support forum.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are available 24/7.

(added ‘Solved’ to the topic title. -Els)

Last edited by els (2014-01-26 22:34:42)

Mark

#2 2014-01-26 21:53:51

els

Re: [Solved] Trouble connecting to database for moved website

Are you sure the database has the same name as the one on Textdrive? Some hosts add prefixes to db names.
Or maybe it’s the MySQL server, usually ‘localhost’, but this also can be different on different hosts.

Edit: ah, just saw your edit. Glad it’s solved! If you know what the problem (and the solution) was, can you post it here? Others might benefit from it.

#3 2014-01-26 22:04:21

mwr
Website

I had a new name for the database at this web host. When I changed it in config.php, I made a typo. The first support person missed this. The second fixed it.

Mark

#4 2014-01-26 22:33:55

els

Thank you!

Board footer