Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-12-21 22:20:53

admi
Website

Strange Change in tag URLs and some plugins do not work!

Hello TXP friends!

I never had any serious problems with TXP. To me the system is very robust and always worked well on all servers I dealt with before. But now I have noticed strange changes in TXP 4.5.5:

1. Plugins – bot_image_upload and mck_article_image stopped working – no reaction to my clicks.

2. Tag urls transformed from cash-advance into cash+advance – like under the article excerpts http://www.mylawfunds.com/articles/

3. When I updated an article no sign “Article posted” on green background block at the bottom appears.

I know nothing about what type of hosting is there. The other fellow administers it. I just set up TXP site and do some SEO stuff. A copule of days ago everything was standart like should be with TXP, then it changed. Why? I don’t know. May be, something changed in the server? Does anyone have any perceptions as to what it can be?

#2 2013-12-22 01:43:02

GugUser

Re: Strange Change in tag URLs and some plugins do not work!

admi wrote #277496:

2. Tag urls transformed from cash-advance into cash+advance – like under the article excerpts http://www.mylawfunds.com/articles/

This happens when you edit the “URL-only title” field and place spaces between the words instead of dashes.

3. When I updated an article no sign “Article posted” on green background block at the bottom appears.

I observe this in all my Textpattern 4.5.5 installations too. It seems as if “Article posted” is repeated endlessly.

Last edited by GugUser (2013-12-22 01:44:34)

#3 2013-12-22 08:13:20

admi
Website

GugUser wrote #277499:

This happens when you edit the “URL-only title” field and place spaces between the words instead of dashes.

That’t the question. Tag urls have nothing to do with “URL-only title” field. This field is for articles. Tag urls are genereated automaticlally and, as I said, were like cash-advance, then they became cash+advance. I did nothing about it.

Last edited by admi (2013-12-22 08:13:37)

#4 2013-12-26 09:30:55

admi
Website

Ok, finally I have found the truth. Tru_tag 3.7 does it. I did not see the 3.7 plugin version’s specifications.

Also for some reason it blocks the image uploader plugins I mentioned in prev. post. Sad. Wonder why?

Such a change in tags urls from lalala-lalala to lalala+lalala is not very good for SEO, needless to say. I need to make so many redirects.

Last edited by admi (2013-12-26 09:31:21)

Board footer