Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-12-16 16:14:45

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Smart-looking third party Textpattern themes

I’m writing a couple of how-to articles on applying third-party themes to Textpattern. The first article concerns admin-side themes, the second is front-end. What I’m looking for is a couple of smart-looking themes (one front-end and one admin-side) that I can use as examples to show off how templates can change the look-and-feel of Textpattern.

Here’s the snag: I don’t know any sources of Textpattern themes outside of core and Textgarden. There’s no sense in showing how easy it is to get Hive activated because it’s already part of core, and choosing a template from a drop down won’t make for an informative article. Stuart’s ProTextThemes domains have expired and he hasn’t been around here for a while, so I’m at a loss to the best way to proceed from here. Textgarden admin-side themes are OK, but are all eclipsed (in my opinion) by Hive and the tweaked Classic (thanks, Phil).

I hope this isn’t highlighting a pinch point, and I am absolutely not whining about an apparent lack of whizzy themes. Who has good-looking Textpattern themes, aside from Textgarden?

#2 2013-12-17 00:13:24

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Smart-looking third party Textpattern themes

Touting my own horn – back-end theme .

You know that since TXP 4.5.x you can install admin themes even before finishing the set-up procedure? That is, the (third-party) theme can be selected as part of the set-up – you still have to upload the files before hand of course.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#3 2013-12-17 11:13:17

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: Smart-looking third party Textpattern themes

Thanks, Philippe – I’ll take a look.

Board footer