Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2013-12-22 20:21:31

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: admin side shows language selection (and nothing else)

thijs wrote:

On the subdomain install, with permalinks set to messy there was no problem, all links worked fine, but set to any other format, i got 500 internal server errors for any post.

Whats is your Apache config like?

The FAQ does not say anything about subdomains, but since that’s the one difference between my two installs I supposed the problem was there.

RewriteBase is for web paths, not server directory structure or hosts. Its only function is to add prefix to all relative URL rewrites, and thus can resolve conflicts when the server doesn’t know where it is at with the server root (e.g. the traffic is routed through virtual alias to other directory). The setting only sets a base path the request is routed to and matched against (if the rules are relative).

When the site is installed at the root of a domain, whether subdomain or not, the only value you can use is /.

RewriteBase /

As site index is not in a sub-directory. Its at the root. What it can not do, is to directly help with subdomains as the domain is not part of the URI. It may help to reset the matched prefix tho if its inherited from somewhere else (and the server does know where it is at).

…I supposed the problem was there.

The root cause might be in the Apache config and how the subdomain VirtualHosts are setup. The most common cause is creating a virtual host within other virtual host directory and not setting document root (running with wildcard aliases etc).

#14 2013-12-24 15:07:41

thx

ok I just made a new account, i tried to reply to both of you, but got message that I’ve been banned from the forum. I don’t know for what reason.

thanks for helping out.

Thijs

#15 2013-12-24 15:13:53

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

thx wrote #277518:

ok I just made a new account, i tried to reply to both of you, but got message that I’ve been banned from the forum.

your account seems to be fine. Both with thx and thijs usernames. Maybe it is your ip?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#16 2013-12-24 18:04:46

gaekwad-temp

thx wrote #277518:

ok I just made a new account, i tried to reply to both of you, but got message that I’ve been banned from the forum. I don’t know for what reason.

+1 for the banned message. I am currently banned on my gaekwad account, so this is a new temporary account. I would be grateful if someone could unban me, assuming I haven’t committed a bannable offence. I emailed the [removed] email address about 8-9 hours ago, but haven’t heard back yet.

Edit. removed the email address -Gocom

Last edited by Gocom (2013-12-25 18:38:42)

#17 2013-12-24 19:09:15

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi guys

None of your accounts appear in the banned list. The messages might be because of the spam prevention measures. I hope that Jukka might be able to help re sorting this one out.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#18 2013-12-24 19:18:18

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Neither of you is personally banned; its the IP address. Seemingly, one of the admins (don’t know how, as the author isn’t saved with the record) had banned ’0.0.0.0’ IP address by accident. As we do not harvest personal information, our forum server sees all our verified users using that non-existent address (this prevents FluxBB from storing IP data). As you might imagine this action then successfully had banned us all from the forum.

I’ve removed the ban record and you all should once again have access to the forums.

Dear admins, do not use the ‘ban’ option when removing users and spammers. Use the delete one. If you do ban an user, do not ban the IP address of ’0.0.0.0’. FluxBB’s ban option doesn’t ban users, it bans IP and emails, plus blacklists the username. All banning and user-data clean up is done automatically by bot. The bans the bot does are not permanent either.

Once a week we clear logs and old unverified account from the server.

Last edited by Gocom (2013-12-24 19:33:46)

#19 2013-12-24 19:21:48

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

colak wrote #277521:

None of your accounts appear in the banned list.

You wouldn’t be able to find it from there by username. FluxBB’s ban option doesn’t ban users; it bans IP addresses and emails. When you ban an user it associates the username it with the ban record, that then blacklistes the name and prevents it from being used in the future.

The messages might be because of the spam prevention measures.

Just simple accident done by one of the admins. Had us all banned by IP. Who of you is banning users? Don’t ban, but delete.

Maybe it is your ip?

We don’t collect IP addresses of members. All validated accounts (member and above) will not send any personal information to the server. Their requests all show up as coming from ’0.0.0.0’.

email address about 8-9 hours ago, but haven’t heard back yet.

I’m not sure that address even exits, or who would be reading it. We probably should setup support email for the forum and set up a mailing list to it. I’m not even sure if we have DNS set up properly to receive emails from that address. The crazy it sound, we don’t actually own ‘textpattern.com’ domain.

Last edited by Gocom (2013-12-25 18:39:11)

#20 2013-12-24 20:05:06

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Don’t ban me bro — next update will prevent admins from banning certain IPs.

#21 2013-12-24 22:31:50

thx

am i back? :)

I e-mailed to that address too, didn’t do much.

If in the future someone gets tired of my troubleshooting questions, just tell me straight ;)

#22 2013-12-25 00:40:36

els

thx wrote #277529:

If in the future someone gets tired of my troubleshooting questions, just tell me straight ;)

Lol, don’t worry, we love troubleshooting questions! ;)

BTW Jukka, I never ban, I only delete (old instruction from Ruud).

#23 2013-12-26 09:12:16

admi
Website

After transferring a site to other hosting I had db from txp 4.5.5 but files from 4.5.4 (there was an old installation already there) so I had the same problem. After I replace txp 4.5.4 with 4.5.5, all was Ok.

Last edited by admi (2013-12-26 09:24:20)

#24 2013-12-26 14:44:46

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

thx wrote #277529:

am i back? :)

Yup. All accounts have their access back.

Board footer