Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-09-24 04:08:53

raminrahimi

Easy manageable menu

Hi,
I need a good and easy manageable menu plugin, any one please show me the best one please?
Like if i have more articles, categories and sections, but i want to have just 5 custom menus from those articles….
thank you

Last edited by raminrahimi (2013-09-24 04:12:10)

#2 2013-09-24 07:11:46

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Easy manageable menu

You don’t need a ‘plugin’ as such to do a drop-down menu, it can be done simply with CSS like the example here

#3 2013-10-09 11:10:21

raminrahimi

No i want to have a manageable menu option trough administration, like in Joomla we can easily add/remove menus and link to some article, etc…

#4 2013-10-09 12:15:26

uli

Have you had a look at adi_menu yet? It’s no craaay-zy “Show anything anywhere” tool but you can exclude certain sections, reorder them, display them hierarchic at will, rename them, redirect them … all solely from the admin side, and comes with some tags to finetune its output code.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#5 2013-10-09 13:04:00

springworks
Website

uli wrote:

Have you had a look at adi_menu yet? It’s no craaay-zy “Show anything anywhere” tool but you can exclude certain sections, reorder them, display them hierarchic at will, rename them, redirect them … all solely from the admin side, and comes with some tags to finetune its output code.

And you can include articles for selected sections in the menus too.

#6 2013-10-11 21:22:33

admi
Website

raminrahimi wrote:

Hi,
I need a good and easy manageable menu plugin, any one please show me the best one please?
Like if i have more articles, categories and sections, but i want to have just 5 custom menus from those articles….
thank you

Very good question.
I am trying to solve it through Links in admin panel to create mixed (with sections, categories, articles, external links and whatever) menu.

I am using the following code:

<txp:linklist break="li" category="menu" form="Links" label="" limit="10" sort="date asc">
 <li>
  <txp:link />
     <txp:linklist category='<txp:link_id />' wraptag="ul">
         <txp:link />
     </txp:linklist>
 </li>
</txp:linklist> 

In the drop-down menu with parent and sub- menus, I use Link categories. ID of parent link category (top menu) should be a name of a child link category (<txp:link_id />). Also one can use etc_link_helper plugin to help to generate article, category or section links for the menu.

Example http://law.vpohod.info/

I am not fully satisfied with naming child link cats with parent IDs though, because some clients do not understand quickly how to create the sub menu links. But it works without plugins.

Last edited by admi (2013-10-11 21:27:01)

#7 2013-12-07 21:43:42

raminrahimi

Hi Admi,
thank you for help. but now i don’t have home (default) link and also no option for active page to assign active class style …
what to do ??

#8 2013-12-08 07:53:46

admi
Website

You can create home / default link. You mean home page?
As for the active class, that’s the second stage to meditate on. I am trying to fugure out that myself.

If you need active class so bad, then you can connect your menu with list of section (categories) and articles. This example shows menu – sections and its articles in dropdown menu like here:

<txp:section_list default_title="Home" active_class="active" break="" class="" exclude="sitemap" sections="about, pics, uslugi, katalog,   zapros, articles" include_default="0">
       <li class="<txp:if_last_section>end</txp:if_last_section>"><a href="<txp:site_url /><txp:section />" class="<txp:if_section name='<txp:section />'>active</txp:if_section_name>"><txp:section title="1" /></a>
        <ul class="sub-menu"><txp:article_custom topmenu="yes" status="live" section='<txp:section />' >
          <li class="menu-item"><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></li>
     </txp:article_custom>
        </ul>
       </li>
      </txp:section_list>

Last edited by admi (2013-12-08 07:54:23)

Board footer