Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-09-19 15:24:53

photonomad
Website

[request] Webhooks with Jotform for TXP?

Do any TXP Devs have experience with webhooks?

I was just checking out Jotform for a client. Jotform appears to make it very easy to design a custom form and collect form data in various places such as a Google spreadsheet, Google Doc, via email, Dropbox, etc. My client would have several Jotforms and would like most of the data to go into Google spreadsheets. However, they also want stories collected from a particular Jotform (with an image/file upload field) to also go into their site. Can webhooks be used with TXP to securely add submitted form data into the txp database? Each submission would need to become an individual Pending article in the “stories” section of the site.

Here is some info about webhooks on the Jotform site:
http://www.jotform.com/help/245-How-to-Setup-Webhook-with-JotForm

Is it possible to make some kind of plugin for this? Anyone interested in this project?

Thanks in advance for considering it.

#2 2013-09-20 11:35:33

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: [request] Webhooks with Jotform for TXP?

photonomad wrote:

Can webhooks be used with TXP to securely add submitted form data into the txp database? Each submission would need to become an individual Pending article in the “stories” section of the site.

Importing submissions with webhooks shouldn’t be difficult (maybe except for files/images), but doing it securely seems more challenging. Webhooks are just POST requests (with some keys included), so you’ll have to ensure that they are coming from your jotform, and not from some hacker. You could probably use jotform API to check keys validity, but I have no experience with it.

Board footer