Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2013-06-06 08:04:23

kees-b
Website

Edit error: Sorry, the form could not be submitted. Please try again.

Out of the blue on one of my sites we are persistently getting the 'Sorry, the form could not be submitted. Please try again later’ error. New articles can be posted without problem, but when editing an existing article it pops up. Strangely enough edits do come true, even with the pop-up. But editing can be done only once! A second edit does not make it to the database. It does only after closing the browser tab or window and opening the article from the article list. Which is a drag.

No structural changes were done to the site – no new plugins, no changes at all except from content, and as far as I know our hosting provider did not change anything this night.
The site still ran on 4.5.0 and I upgraded it this morning without any change in this behavior. I also removed all browser cookies and cleared the cache. Very, very strange!

What could this be? And what to do next.

kees

#2 2013-06-06 09:20:09

kees-b
Website

Re: Edit error: Sorry, the form could not be submitted. Please try again.

In addition to my above question: editing pages, forms, css and other site content goes without any errors. It’s only the article editing that invokes it. Forgot to mention also that I did a database repair.

-k

Last edited by kees-b (2013-06-06 09:21:14)

#3 2013-06-06 10:40:19

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Would it be a cache problem? I would delete both the cache and the site cookies, restart the browser and see if the problem persists.

Also does the problem appear when using another browser?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2013-06-06 10:45:30

kees-b
Website

Hi , I checked and did everything you suggested. And, the magazine editor, working with content only observed the same problem on his location and other machine. I asked him to clear caches, remove cookies and try another browser without any result.

#5 2013-06-06 10:51:33

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Would it be a a security problem? Maybe this article will help… Especially the htaccess snippet.

Alternatively – and looking back at your original post – it might be a problem with the host. Maybe with the db.

Last edited by colak (2013-06-06 10:53:21)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#6 2013-06-06 10:57:45

kees-b
Website

colak wrote:

Would it be a a security problem? Maybe this article will help… Especially the htaccess snippet.
Alternatively – and looking back at your original post – it might be a problem with the host. Maybe with the db.

mod_security is not installed on the server. I asked the hosting provider if they have changed something between yesterday and today but am still waiting for an answer.

#7 2013-06-06 11:05:06

uli

Kees, is that an MLP site? (Might be as I saw you posting there.) Then this post might be of interest for you, especially below the error message.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#8 2013-06-06 11:17:19

kees-b
Website

uli wrote:

Kees, is that an MLP site? (Might be as I saw you posting there.) Then this post might be of interest for you, especially below the error message.

Hi Uli, no unfortunately not. Into that problem I ran with another (MLP) site though. Downgrading to 4.5.2 helped there. This one is nl_NL only. Do you know what error triggers the popup?

#9 2013-06-06 11:32:34

uli

kees-b wrote:

Do you know what error triggers the popup?

Sorry, no.
Entering the error in a search brings up several issues that happened in context with the use of plugins. Did you try yet whether there are any plugins involved?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#10 2013-06-06 11:36:24

kees-b
Website

uli wrote:

Did you try yet whether there are any plugins involved?

No not yet. But nothing was changed between yesterday and today when the problem appeared. My host just informed me there have been no changes on the server or new apache modules installed.

#11 2013-06-07 11:25:35

kees-b
Website

Installed apache modules on the server are:

Apache modules: core, mod_authn_file, mod_authn_default, mod_authz_host, mod_authz_groupfile, mod_authz_user, mod_authz_default, mod_auth_basic, mod_include, mod_filter, mod_deflate, mod_log_config, mod_logio, mod_env, mod_expires, mod_headers, mod_unique_id, mod_setenvif, mod_version, mod_proxy, mod_proxy_connect, mod_proxy_ftp, mod_proxy_http, mod_proxy_scgi, mod_proxy_ajp, mod_proxy_balancer, mod_ssl, prefork, http_core, mod_mime, mod_dav, mod_status, mod_autoindex, mod_asis, mod_suexec, mod_cgi, mod_dav_fs, mod_dav_lock, mod_negotiation, mod_dir, mod_actions, mod_userdir, mod_alias, mod_rewrite, mod_so, mod_ruid2, mod_php5

Anything unregular that could trigger the popup?

-k

#12 2013-06-07 15:24:15

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

This is possibly caused by some ajax request error. Try to enable response body logging in Firefox web console, or check if there are js errors in error console. Weird that it happens only on article save.

Board footer