Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2015-02-10 21:28:26

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: Textpattern Solutions book - still relevant?

bici wrote #288152:

p.s. if there is a central repository for TxP things i can send the files to the custodian or add them.

I am not sure what the licensing guidelines are for the files (perhaps the publisher would know), but I could put something up on github.com/textpattern-community if we’re given the all-clear.

Does anyone have a list of what sites/assets were included with or referred to with the book?

#26 2015-02-11 09:27:52

alcluith

Bici

thank you for that , not sure how to send you a email but my email is alcluith[at]btinternet.com

Gaekwad

I have the folders that I downloaded from the publishers site but I am not sure if everything is there but if I get the html and images I can add to the correct folder and pass on to you or upload to a folder in github.com if allowed.

regards

alcluith

#27 2015-02-11 19:49:44

bici
Website Mastodon

gaekwad wrote #288162:

I am not sure what the licensing guidelines are for the files (perhaps the publisher would know), but I could put something up on github.com/textpattern-community if we’re given the all-clear.

Does anyone have a list of what sites/assets were included with or referred to with the book?

I believe that i managed to get all the files/assets that were referenced in the book. While the book is still available for purchase it seems that the resource files referenced are no longer available. Also the Buzzbomb site is no longer reachable. http://buzzbomb.textpatternsolutions.com ( WayBack machine )

I have archived all the resources so if there are no copyright issues ( which there should’nt be) we can make them available from some central managed site.

UPDATE: The Book and the source files are still available after all from the Friends of Ed website

P.S. The domain textpatternsolutions.com is still registered to Robert Sable one of the original authors

Last edited by bici (2015-02-11 20:13:13)

…. texted postive

#28 2015-02-13 13:41:37

alcluith

Bici

this is where I got my original download but does not have the buzzbomb.html and the images(that you kindly supplied) that are required to follow the book.

I would also like to thank Bici for his assistance and guidance over the last few days, as a complete newbee his words of wisdom and guidance has been of immense help.

Alcluith

#29 2015-02-13 19:25:16

bici
Website Mastodon

alcluith wrote #288247:

Bici

this is where I got my original download but does not have the buzzbomb.html and the images(that you kindly supplied) that are required to follow the book.

Thanks for the clarification. I should have doubled checked to see if all relevant files were there.

So we have all the relevant files archived and hopefully we can find a place to put them for others to access assuming there is no copyright infringement in doing so.

Last edited by bici (2015-02-13 20:21:53)

…. texted postive

Board footer