Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-11-30 17:14:29

fyankai

Inserting images into body - plugin recommendations?

Hi

I’ve got a client’s site that I built on Textpattern 4.0.6 some years ago, and they’ve recently had issues when they moved to a new server. The hosts suggested upgrading TXP, so I downloaded 4.5.2 and tried upgrading a copy on my local MAMP install. All seems to have worked great except for one thing: The site relied on the upm_img_popper plugin to let my client add images or thumbnails into their content, and that plugin apparently doesn’t work with the new TXP.

So: I’ve been out of the TXP loop for a few years! How do you guys handle inserting images into the body field these days? Ideally I’d like to find something similar to upm_img_popper so my client doesn’t have to get used to a new system. Something where, from the Write tab they can choose one of their images and then add it (or it’s thumbnail) as Textile into the Body field.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks, Frank

#2 2012-11-30 18:17:40

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Inserting images into body - plugin recommendations?

Does makeing the changes described in the plugin thread help?

Edit: Seems to have fixed it for me but I hadn’t used this plugin before so I have limited test cases.

Last edited by MattD (2012-11-30 18:20:28)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#3 2012-11-30 18:30:16

fyankai

Ah yes – that seems to have done it! Thanks Matt, that’s much appreciated.

Since I’m here, are there any new cool ways of doing the same thing in TXP these days? (Happy to stick with this one but just curious as it’s been a while…)

#4 2012-11-30 22:36:21

uli

Rather popular is bot_image_upload: It puts the Image panel on top of the Write panel, inside an iframe overlay, so you can add images visually, have them displayed in the Write panel, can sort them by dragging them around, and upload them, all without actually ever leaving the Write panel.
bot_image_upload is complemented in an ideal way by abl_droploader in that it offers uploading images by dropping multiple of them onto the browser window while they’re getting categorized as well.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#5 2012-12-01 00:44:21

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

The main difference I noticed, since I do use bot_image_upload, is that upm_img_popper allows you to insert code into the body and other areas to link the image.

bot_image_upload adds image id’s to the article_image field.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#6 2012-12-02 11:25:45

fyankai

Thanks guys – sounds like I should stick with upm_img_popper as I need to be able to add images to the Body field.

Board footer