Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-09-07 21:36:11

WebKat

Error when loading site...

This started happening a little while ago… I have not made any changes to the files, so I’ve got no idea what caused it. This is what my hosting support said:

After looking into this issue, I decided to check the backups to see if they were having the same issue. They infact were having this same issue, which indicates that the issue started happening before our technician made changes to your other website.
Moving on, the issue appears to be with how your scripts are checking for a php eval.
Here’s the code doing this:
$eval_ok = eval($a[‘code’]); if ($eval_ok === FALSE) echo gTxt(‘plugin_load_error_above’).strong($a[‘name’]).n.br;

This is what my site says:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OAuthException in /home2/juggler1/public_html/opalcat/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(653) : eval()’d code on line 1183

Site: opalcat.com

WebKat

#2 2012-09-07 22:21:12

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Error when loading site...

You have two places that define the same class, OAuthException. As the error message hints us, the error is caused by a plugin, so check your plugins. Changes are that there is a plugin that isn’t really following Plugin Development Guidelines and is causing collisions with something like PHP’s oAuth extension by defining classes with (stupidly) common names.

Once you have found the offending plugin by searching the source code of each for OAuthException, disable it and report the issue to the plugin’s developer so that it can be fixed.

Changes are that the issues popped up out of nowhere due to server update(s). An update that installed an oAuth extension for instance.

#3 2012-09-07 22:26:23

uli

Gocom wrote:

Once you have found the offending plugin

You could start here. (Was searching synchronously ;)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2012-09-10 22:23:28

WebKat

Problem…. I get the same error trying to login to textpattern… how do I disable plugins if I can’t get in?

WebKat

#5 2012-09-10 23:04:34

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

You can. Plugins panel is shielded from plugins. You can access it directly even if there is a rampaging plugin doing its damage by accessing an URL as the following:

http://example.com/textpattern/?event=plugin

#6 2012-09-10 23:21:13

WebKat

Woohoo!! I totally fubar’d arc_twitter, but my site is back!!!! Thank you SO much!

WebKat

Board footer