Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2012-08-13 00:43:54

richtestani
Plugin Author

Re: Dynamic Output Form

Any help here would be great. I originally developed the plugin with the zem template, which in its instructions you replace a few things, then run the command line to output the code.

After that, I installed Plugin Composer which the latest version is output from.
So what you posted is what you are seeing when you install it?

#14 2012-08-13 03:49:36

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

richtestani wrote:

So what you posted is what you are seeing when you install it?

That’s the contents of the plugin file you are sharing. The code that gets installed itself contains the full plugin template, which shouldn’t.

After that, I installed Plugin Composer which the latest version is output from.

You are referring to ied_plugin_composer? By any change, could it be that you are pasting the full plugin template to the code field of ied_plugin_composer? This would explain why the contents.

Ied_plugin_composer doesn’t use or take plugin templates to its editor’s code field. The field takes, and ied_plugin_composer uses, the bare plugin code. Instead of the template, just copy and paste the source code of the plugin to the field.

If you are using the plugin cache directory and/or ied_plugin_composer’s extracting capabilities from plugin templates, the problem could be there too. While ied_plugin_composer offers a way to directly package plugin templates stored in the plugin cache directory, I wouldn’t use that feature. The way it’s implemented makes it error-prone.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-08-13 03:50:13)

#15 2012-08-15 20:09:58

richtestani
Plugin Author

Gocom,
From within the plugin composer – I moved the help section to the help field.
What is the best way to output this code?

Board footer