Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-05-31 07:52:47

jerseyjoe

installation error msg

I am certain I am using right credentials. I have installed literally hundreds of shopping carts, blogs, fiorums, etc that are similar to this one. But after I enter the credentials, I get these error msgs.

Checking database connection…

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'MASKED'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/stex/public_html/textpattern/setup/index.php on line 208

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'MASKED'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/stex/public_html/textpattern/setup/index.php on line 210
Can’t connect to database

#2 2012-05-31 10:00:01

tom1

Re: installation error msg

can you provide more information on system, e.g. PHP version, Mysql version, TXP version ?

#3 2012-05-31 19:18:45

els

Hi jerseyjoe, does one of these links help? 1, 2, 3. Usually these errors indicate that either the db host, name, user or password is incorrect, or that the user doesn’t have the right permissions. And some hosts are not ‘localhost’, you should be able to find that in your host’s documentation.

#4 2012-06-28 14:37:34

liel

I have the exact same error message on the same lines, etc. Did you find a fix for it?
I’m sure everything on the hosting side is correct (permissions), I’m sure I’m entering the right name and password and I’m not using localhost, but my hosting’s own.
Any ideas?

Board footer