Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2015-10-13 14:13:30

spiffin
Plugin Author
Website

Re: spf_codemirror - syntax-highlighting and code-completion admin plugin

philwareham wrote #295681:

It’ll be great if this works with the (improved) pages/forms panel layouts in 4.6 (currently in the admin-layout-update branch).

Thanks for pointing that out Phil – I’ve downloaded the admin-layout update and will make sure it does.

#38 2018-01-11 22:49:31

uli

Hi Simon, here’s a report on incompatibility with the upcoming TXP v4.7. Are you still developing the plugin?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#39 2018-01-13 11:59:55

spiffin
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Uli. I’m no longer able to develop spf_codemirror – or spf_js – due to ill health. If anyone would like to take over and update them, message me on Github and I’ll transfer the source.

#40 2018-01-13 14:57:15

uli

All the best for you and your health condition, Simon.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#41 2018-02-27 10:51:32

Destry
Website

spiffin wrote #308646:

…due to ill health.

Sorry to hear that Simon. I hope things turn around for you. Sending all the greenman magic I can.

#42 2023-03-02 07:30:08

demoncleaner
Plugin Author
Website

I hope you are well Simon. Just wanted to check if there is any alternative for this plugin in terms of syntax highlighting – especially highlighting of form tags (shortcodes) in <txp:body/> in the backend.
That would be such a great help for non-programmers dealing with textpattern.

It seems spf_codemirror was handed over to gusbemacbe on github in march 2018 but was never developed any further.

When trying to use it with 4.8.8 I receive this “prefs_id”-Error that I think I have seen before on installations attempts of older plugins. Removing the “prefs_id” appearance does not do the trick though. Unfortunately I am not experienced enough to see what needs to be done to get this running again.

So any help or suggestion of what needs to be done or plugin alternatives would be highly appreciated.
I found a lot of other editor plugins for the body textarea but that is not exactly what I am looking for. I would like to stick with pure textile just highlighting tags.

#43 2023-03-02 08:11:40

demoncleaner
Plugin Author
Website

It seems that tom_write_editor is more or less doing what I am looking for. Only thing here is, that I guess I would have to set some custom syntax highlighting to achieve exactly what I want. And the syntax highlighting can only bee seen when tom_write_editor´s popup is activated via its button in the write panel. And not straight way in the body textarea.

Board footer