Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2012-05-21 19:25:15

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Re: abl_droploader: A native drag & drop multiple image uploader

I have tried to fix this annoying “blank screen” issue. A new version (V0.11) is available, which hopefully fixes this issue. It should now play nicer, if soo_plugin_pref is not installed. In this case, hard-coded preferences are used and editing of the prefs is not possible. But at least, the DropLoader should now work also without it.

jelle wrote:

I’ve installed soo_plugin_pref AND abl_droploader, but I’m still getting a blank screen on the preferences.

ugly. :( I cannot reproduce this behavior. Can you please check if the new version works for you?
If not, please give me some more information (Txp version, error-log entries if possible and if there are any). Whithout any info it’s hard to guess what the problem is.

Zanza:

Regarding your GUI Ideas:
Because I want to enable the DropLoader for files too, these may cause some conflicts. Not on the images- or files-tab (additional fields are possible there), but on the write-tab. I may need not only one, but two open-triggers there to differentiate between images and files. Alternatively, I could add some radio-buttons on the DropLoader UI to change the file-type it should accept. But I don’t like the second approach, because it adds an unnessecary interaction step.

With the expanding-grey area, there is similar problem: This would also require an additional interaction step, to have a chance for selecting a file-type or entering something in the form before the upload happens. I personally prefer, when the upload itself stays as simple as possible.
Appending/editing metadata is perhaps better done with redbots image/file plugins, or something similar. It could also be problematic to integrate such an expandable area in a way that it works well with different admin-themes.

Zanza wrote

but at the cost of loading the whole image tab interface.

But this is also the reason, why theDropLoader appears in his image-picker automatically. Changing this will be a lot of work for redbot (I don’t know what his plans are). The same goes for my planned article-image-edit. Perhaps I complete this later, but adding support for files comes first.

#14 2012-05-22 08:12:13

jelle

developr wrote:

Can you please check if the new version works for you?
If not, please give me some more information (Txp version, error-log entries if possible and if there are any).

Yes, with soo_prefs it’s working now. Without it is not….

developr wrote:

The same goes for my planned article-image-edit. Perhaps I complete this later, but adding support for files comes first.

Looking forward to both! Great work.

Last edited by jelle (2012-05-22 08:12:22)

#15 2012-05-22 12:06:15

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Hi jelle,

jelle wrote:

Yes, with soo_prefs it’s working now. Without it is not….

What exactly is not working? All, or just the edit preferences panel in Txp’s plugin-tab?

With version 0.11, the image upload should work without soo_plugin_pref. It will use predefined options in this case, and editing of the preferences is not possible.

If you try to edit preferences without soo_plugin_pref installed, you will see a nearly empty page, just showing the Textpattern Logo and the version. As far as I see, this is the behavior of the plugin-tab, if the edit-preferences flag is set in a plugin but the callback function cannot be called.

Can someone confirm, that the image-upload does not work without soo_plugin_pref?

#16 2012-05-22 13:15:05

jelle

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the confusion. I can confirm that the plugin itself is working great with AND without soo_plugins_prefs. Without soo_plugin_prefs, the preferences is, as you say, and empty page. That was what I was refering to.

Regards,
J

#17 2012-05-22 15:09:34

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Jelle,

The confusion is coming from a fault I made in the code.

The next minor update will correct this. The default options will be displayed instead of a blank screen, but editing still requires soo_plugin_pref.

Thanks for clarifying the issue!

#18 2012-05-22 15:20:31

uli

developr wrote:

pictures which are uploaded together are mostly of the same thematic, so appending them the same alt/caption could make sense. Possibly I will add this feature.

Oh yes, and that’d be also a boon for uploading single images :)

Then I discovered that for situations where there’s no thumbnail measures entered on the image panel, there’s no thumbnail being created. That’d be undesirable per se. But with bot_image_upload installed, the consequence is that the Write panel is pretty squeezed by the large image versions that bot_i_u then loads in place of the thumbs, and users could be … umm, say “helpless” ;) (At least some.) Could there perhaps be a default (hardcoded) pref that overrules such empty settings, like 100 × 100 px, cropped?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#19 2012-05-22 17:46:17

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Hi uli,

uli wrote:

Write panel is pretty squeezed by the large image versions that bot_i_u then loads

Oops. I was aware of the fact that no thumb is created, if no dims are set. But i didn’t know that bot_i_u has a problem with that. I also had in mind, to set a default size. Now, you have given me the reason to do it. I include that in the next minor-release. Thanks for reporting that!

btw. This is also a problem of the bot_image_upload plugin.

#20 2012-05-22 18:40:00

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Version 0.12 released.

Issues reprted by jelle (empty edit-prefs screen) and uli (write-tab squeezed if thumbnail size was not set before) should be solved with this update.

I have also updated the initial post.

#21 2012-05-22 19:55:43

uli

developr wrote:

btw. This is also a problem of the bot_image_upload plugin.

My turn to say “oops”: you’re right, I didn’t think of that. Even worse as I just saw that it seems to be the default behaviour of TXP to not produce a thumb when no measures are entered.

Thus: a duplicate Thanks, for making your plugin overrule TXPs default and for doing work that I wrongly reported here :)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#22 2012-05-23 09:01:55

developr
Plugin Author
Website

Hello Uli,

I think it was not so wrong, because the problem has also to do with the (new) workflow:
The classic upload in the image-tab shows the image edit-form after an upload, so the user has always the chance to enter values for the thumb size.

This is not the case when uploads are made with DropLoader, so I changed the setup procedure in version 0.12 to avoid this. Defaults are now set once, if they are not present.

This is the code:

if (!isset($prefs['thumb_w'])) set_pref('thumb_w', '100', 'image', PREF_HIDDEN);
		if (!isset($prefs['thumb_h'])) set_pref('thumb_h', '100', 'image', PREF_HIDDEN);
		if (!isset($prefs['thumb_crop'])) set_pref('thumb_crop', '1', 'image', PREF_HIDDEN);

Hope it’s correct.

Anyway, it may be a good idea to provide default values in the TXP distribution package. Changing this should not be a problem, because users can override it at any time.

#23 2012-05-23 15:32:50

redbot
Plugin Author

Hi all,
this is a great plugin which offers a functionality I wished to add since ages, kudos to Andreas!
That said I didn’t even had the time to read the whole thread because my house is undergoing a heavy renovation and I barely managed to switch on my computer – buried under mountains of dust (cough).
I promise as I’ll have again a livable house (in the next two weeks I hope) I’ll do my best to make this plugin and bot_image_upload happily live together.

#24 2012-05-24 16:49:25

jelle

Is there an easy way to update bot_image_upload’s thumbnails after using abl_droploader on the write tab?
Can I call a function or something?

Loving this plugin!

Andreas, is there an textpack available for this plugin? All my text look like abl_droploader_info_text :( I’m new to this ln10 stuff….can I update the text manually?

Last edited by jelle (2012-05-24 16:53:15)

Board footer