Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-01-18 16:39:00

dukekj

Upgrade Help - Missing Site

I inherited a site from another developer that uses textpattern. I just upgraded it from 1.0 and all the articles/entire site is missing. I’m assuming because I had to create a new MySQL database and the content is still in the old database. How can I get our site back live instead of the blank generic site that came with the upgrade? I changed the config.php file to point back to the old database, but then the site returns a bunch of errors. Please Help!!!

#2 2012-01-18 16:55:14

maniqui
Website

Re: Upgrade Help - Missing Site

That “bunch of errors”, what does it say?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2012-01-18 17:36:03

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Also… can you log in the admin side?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2012-01-18 18:20:21

dukekj

These are the errors when pointing to the original database:
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/t/e/a/teachinsurance/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 215

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/t/e/a/teachinsurance/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 215
Tag error: <txp:sitename /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1202
Tag error: <txp:s /> -> Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated on line 1196
Tag error: <txp:poe_bbclone /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1202

I can log in to the textpattern admin when it’s pointing to the new database without a problem.

Tag error: <txp:s /> -> Textpattern Notice: tag is deprecated on line 1196
Tag error: <txp:poe_bbclone /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1202

Errors on Textpattern Login:
Warning: Unknown column ‘user_name’ in ‘where clause’ select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name=’‘ in /home/content/t/e/a/teachinsurance/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined variable: language in /home/content/t/e/a/teachinsurance/html/textpattern/index.php on line 65

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/t/e/a/teachinsurance/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:89) in /home/content/t/e/a/teachinsurance/html/textpattern/include/txp_auth.php on line 214

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/t/e/a/teachinsurance/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:89) in /home/content/t/e/a/teachinsurance/html/textpattern/include/txp_auth.php on line 215

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/t/e/a/teachinsurance/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:89) in /home/content/t/e/a/teachinsurance/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_head.php on line 50

Last edited by dukekj (2012-01-18 19:50:09)

#5 2012-01-18 20:13:00

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Hi dukekj

why you havent simply upgraded your website with the new textpattern version? there is a script that upgrade the DB during install and in most case all goes well but in your case make a backup before doing anything! you have no need of a new DB only upgrade your installation like described in wiki.

Cheers

#6 2012-01-18 20:52:52

dukekj

Dragondz wrote:

Hi dukekj

why you havent simply upgraded your website with the new textpattern version? there is a script that upgrade the DB during install and in most case all goes well but in your case make a backup before doing anything! you have no need of a new DB only upgrade your installation like described in wiki.

Cheers

I was upgrading it. That’s what caused the problems. Why it had not be upgraded sooner is a great question and would be one for the former site admin! Should this script run during the upgrade install? If so, I’d assume it did. The upgraded site worked, but not with the original DB only with a new one. Therefor I lost all site content.

#7 2012-01-19 09:19:40

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Hi dukekj

Correct me if i am wrong, what you did is:

Make a standard upgrade of your site, then you couldnt connect to the admin right! after that you tried a frech install to a new db and that worked, and after all you imported a backup db of your old site to the new one! and there you cant connect!

I think importing your old db into the new one is the false aproach because there are some difference in the db structure.

What you can do is export the old articles and reimporte them, and copy past pages, style, forms and plugin from the old site to the new one, i think this approach should work.

I checked the upgrade script from textpattern 4.4.1 and there is upgrade from 1.0 version then it s weird that the standard upgrade process hadent worked for you.

Cheers

#8 2012-01-19 19:50:47

dukekj

Actually I installed the standard upgrade. There were significant errors when using the current database and I couldn’t login, so I created a new database which created a site where I could login. Obviously it was unpopulated and was a generic textpattern template site. I then imported the old database content into the new database, causing errors and not allowing me to login. Finally I restored the original version 1.0 site and database and I’m back where I started. The whole reason for the upgrade was that the current site is randomly parsing unordered list by creating a new ordered list with the last item in the unordered list. An apparent bug in the old version.

Right now I’m building a new site for this client, so we decided it wasn’t worth the time to fix this one. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by dukekj (2012-01-19 19:51:33)

Board footer