Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-01-09 14:30:57

Qwest

Broken (and neglected) TXP install - need help to fix it up

Afternoon all.

I built a site for a client about 6 years ago, originally built on txp 4.0.4 and it worked a charm. Over the years, I’ve upgraded it a few times at the client request but yesterday, I received a text from the client asking if I could check it out as the site appears to be down.

Sure enough, it’s not working and appears to have been down for a month or so. The error message (I neglected to copy it) but gave an error

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in (absolute path)/txplib_misc.php at line 180.

Line 180 was simply if (mysql_num_rows($rs)) break; or something like that. That was from memory.

Thinking that the host had done something, I upgraded Textpattern to the latest 4.4.1 but alas, I’m still not getting anywhere.

I’ve now got the following errors:

Warning: Table ‘eliteproductions.tp404_textpattern’ doesn’t exist describe `tp404_textpattern` in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/el/it/ep/eliteproductions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/el/it/ep/eliteproductions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:89) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/el/it/ep/eliteproductions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 1943

Warning: Table ‘eliteproductions.tp404_txp_page’ doesn’t exist select user_html from tp404_txp_page as txp_page where name=‘error_503’ in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/el/it/ep/eliteproductions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Warning: Table ‘eliteproductions.tp404_txp_page’ doesn’t exist select user_html from tp404_txp_page as txp_page where name=‘error_default’ in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/el/it/ep/eliteproductions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/el/it/ep/eliteproductions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:89) in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/el/it/ep/eliteproductions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 2011

DB-Connect was successful, but the textpattern-table was not found.

So I’m kinda hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I don’t fancy doing a complete rebuild :)

Many thanks,

#2 2012-01-09 14:34:25

Qwest

Re: Broken (and neglected) TXP install - need help to fix it up

I’ve just tried running http://eliteproductions.co.uk/textpattern/update/update.php << obviously the URL i’m working on…

This produces the same error from the first time round.

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/el/it/ep/eliteproductions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 215

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/el/it/ep/eliteproductions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 215

Unknown section

line 215 is if (mysql_num_rows($rs)) break; and the function it’s part of relates to loading languages (load_lang($lang))

#3 2012-01-09 15:05:44

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Looks like the database is broken. Can you try to check and repair the db tables from phpMyAdmin or any other MySQL client?

#4 2012-01-09 15:25:57

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Had a same message for all my website till i update an article, making a repare table on textpattern table solved the problem (i am on hostgator), but i dont know what changed on textpattern or hosting that make that happen, what is curious is that it happen only once per domaine!!

#5 2012-01-09 18:58:53

Qwest

Wet, thanks for the idea.

My clients host (supanames / 123-reg) aren’t very good when it comes to their hosting and they use their own flavour of phpMyAdmin complete with less control and less options.

I don’t get an option to check OR repair the db tables but I do get the option to run SQL from the entry box. Any ideas how I’d go about checking and or repairing the tables?

Speaking of which, didn’t the db structure / naming change with 4.3 or 4.4? I’ve not had the chance to do that yet so could that be giving the symptom that the database is broken?!

Dragondz, I’ll give that a go once I can repair the db tables.

#6 2012-01-09 22:33:26

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Qwest wrote:

Any ideas how I’d go about checking and or repairing the tables?

REPAIR TABLE

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#7 2012-01-10 04:27:45

lazlo

rss_admin_db_manager is an indispensable plugin gives you the ability to repair DB directly from the extension tab.

#8 2012-01-10 15:41:31

Qwest

MattD, thanks, I’ve gone through & repaired the tables in the database, but no joy – it’s still showing me the error.

http://eliteproductions.co.uk

lazlo, thanks for the recommendation but I can’t actually get into Txp in order to activate said plugin :(

#9 2012-01-10 16:19:07

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Since I know you use a Mac, can you successfully connect to the mySQL database using an app such as Sequel Pro?

#10 2012-01-10 17:40:21

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Does the table exist?

Warning: Table 'eliteproductions.tp404_textpattern' doesn't exist describe `tp404_textpattern`

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#11 2012-01-10 18:18:30

Qwest

Hi MattD, yes, the db is called eliteproductions and tp404_textpattern does exist (screenie) – could there be an issue with one of the rows within tp404_textpattern?

Phil, I do indeed use a mac but unfortunately, client host doesn’t allow remote connections.

#12 2012-01-10 19:33:22

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Hi

have you tryed reparing the table called “textpattern” ?

Board footer