Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-12-02 22:25:47

zero
Website

Visitor logs javascript problem

All these years I never “turned off the script for this page”. Did so in Visitor Logs and now I find that show full details doesn’t work, neither does selecting All or Range. And I don’t know how to turn the java scripts back on. I didn’t check any other pages.

I found that by using another browser, things were like they were originally, but perhaps that’s not a solution for some?

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#2 2011-12-02 22:54:57

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Visitor logs javascript problem

Some functions on Textpattern’s admin-side interface have always required JavaScript. For most part everything seems to work okay, but there are things that just will require JavaScript. For instance saving display states, list view’s multi-editor (as you are experiencing), confirmation dialogs and all the other options that are done “on-the-fly” are in fact JavaScript based. And frankly, I don’t see it as a huge problem.

I would actually like to see bit more JavaScript used, mainly Ajax saving, own native notification and dialog system, background tasks executed via Ajax requests and inline form validators. Just to save some time and prevent hanging when some huge task like language updater runs. Might be nicer if it was done at the background and user were greeted by a nice activity indicator instead of a blank page.

But sure, it would be very cool if there were some fallback code there and there, like for example for the multi-edit functionality (i.e. as multi-paged) and things like “select all” could only be visible when JavaScript is enabled, but I don’t see it as necessity,

Last edited by Gocom (2011-12-02 22:57:44)

Board footer