Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-11-28 13:38:49

alanfluff
Website

Errors when moving host - answer found

Hi,

I solved this but since I was relieved when I did I thought I’d note it here, just in case it helps someone else.

I recently moved a site from a (mt) dv 3.5 to dv 4.0 server and in the process, PHP went from 5.2.6 to 5.3.5. I think that was part of the reason for the problems.

The site started complaining about:

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(653) : eval()'d code on line 465

And

Warning: date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php on line 2648

And

clean_url_data_failed

It turned out my problems were:

1. I was not running TXP 4.4.1 (slap my thigh for not being up-to-date and most secure). Updating from, I think, 4.0.8(?) to 4.4.1 seemed to cure the timezone problem.

2. I could not work out however why I had problems 1. and 3. Eventually I shifted into a slightly more logical frame of mind and stopped stabbing at possibilities and instead disabled half my plugins, then 75% of my plugins, each time checking. To my delight, both problems disappeared with the third quater of plugins. I turned them on individually until I realized that I had been remiss and not kept my tru_tags plugin up-to-date. I updated it and that was that.

The lesson I take away from that is: keep up to date. Good luck fellow TXPers. Cheers, -Alan

At LAST I’ve cheerfully donated to the core devs at #TXP. I only wish I were able to give more. Thanks to the devs and ALL fellow TXPers. -A

#2 2011-11-28 15:03:14

uli

Re: Errors when moving host - answer found

Thanks for the rework, Alan, really appreciated! (Moved the topic over to Troubleshooting, btw.)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2011-11-28 21:06:22

gomedia
Plugin Author

Re: Errors when moving host - answer found

Board footer