Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-07-03 09:59:20

geoff777
Plugin Author
Website

Password - Cookie problem?

Hi,

I can’t login to the admin side of one of my sites.

I’ve reset the password using phpmyadmin as instructed in the reference – using Password from the dropdown.

I get the login page then on entering my details I get a 500 server error message.

I then have to clear cookies to get the login page again … then the same thing happens.

The front end is working.

Anyone any ideas what could be happening?

Thanks

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

#2 2011-07-30 21:35:16

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Password - Cookie problem?

Look at the webserver error logs to find out what is causing the HTTP 500 error.

#3 2011-08-05 18:35:13

sbb2647

I have the same problem – I can’t login either but I don’t get an error – the login page just pops back up with a message that says “Could not login with the user name and password. I am copy/pasting the password so there is no error. I have tried 3 new passwords and I cannot login in on this login page: http://www.gettingwellstayingwell.com/textpattern/index.php, which is the url given me when I installed it.

#4 2011-08-05 19:10:22

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

^^ then it’s a different problem.

Did you try resetting the password using MySQL or PHPmyAdmin?

#5 2011-08-05 20:29:29

sbb2647

The answer is no because I don’t know what that means but I did follow your link. I got into my MSQL and found where you click the icon for phpMyAdmin and I was taken to a page with 2 columns, one of them being phpMyAdmin. I do not see any possibility for “running a query.” I also see no mention of Textpattern in the list on the left side. So what do I do now. And, I’m confused by this – why am I resetting my database password to log in to the back office of my blog? I thought the admin password would connect me with Textpattern,….Obviously I need serious help. I only have until tonight to get the this finished so I would appreciate it.

#6 2011-08-05 20:41:43

jakob
Admin
Website

When you log into phpmyadmin you should see something similar to this:

On the left-hand side where it says database, you may first need to select the database being used for textpattern. You will then see a list of database tables beneath that. Along the top in the right-hand pane, you can see a tab called “SQL”. If you click on that, you will get a window similar to the one below:

You can paste the reset query from the page ruud linked to into this window, e.g.

update txp_users set pass=password(lower('pass')) where name='user';

…replacing pass with your new password, and user with the login username you were given previously.

Then click Go. You will receive a message confirming that your instruction was successful.

Now return to your textpattern login window and try logging in with the user name and new password you chose.

Note: the images above are just examples of phpmyadmin and not from textpattern

Last edited by jakob (2011-08-05 20:43:56)

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer