Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2012-04-27 17:43:10

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: [textile] Links with umlauts don't work

Philippe,

Are you sure you weren’t using the ja-wiki-links branch classTextile.php when you got the error? In that branch, there is a use of $atts on line 1221 (as per the error message you reported) but there isn’t in the custom-footnote-markers branch.

Steve

#38 2012-04-28 02:44:38

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

::sigh:: what a giant clusterfuck that whole github thing is, with all its gratuitous animations and what not… Let’s assume I messed this up.
In an above post, you linked to a diff. Said diff is only displayable as sort of ‘pretty print’ (by some definition of pretty, that is). Looking around, I saw, in the top right corner of the diff code box a link (View file @ 37b0dbe) to a full file. I followed that, then found a link to the raw format, which I saved in place of my existing textile file. If that is not the correct thing, apologies. I’ll check with the file you linked to in a subsequent post later, maybe tomorrow.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#39 2012-04-28 13:46:50

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Hi Philippe,

Apologies — I use it so much I forget to just link to the raw files. So here are a couple of links for you direct to the raw files…

For customising footnotes (both the inline marker and the marker in the foot) use this classTextile.php
For trying out Japanese links (as references, not inline) use this classTextile.php

…just save as classTextile.php in your test setup and you should be fine. If they both work out OK, they’ll get merged together into the next release.

Steve

#40 2012-04-29 02:52:48

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Ok – tested with 2 different TXP installs on localhost, my normal ‘work’ one, and a plain default one. Both are SVN latest.

Using the second linked classTextile file, doing this

results in error(s) (one error for each note…):
internal_error "Undefined variable: atts"
in /Users/phiw/Sites/_emps/textpattern/lib/classTextile.php at line 1211
textpattern/lib/classTextile.php:1211 adminErrorHandler()
Textile->fNoteLists()
textpattern/lib/classTextile.php:1188 preg_replace_callback()
textpattern/lib/classTextile.php:508 Textile->placeNoteLists()
textpattern/include/txp_article.php:1114 Textile->TextileThis()

Swapping in the first classTextile file – I didn’t find a way to generate custom note marker. And it returns the same errors as above.

Textpattern version: 4.4.1 (r3761) – aka svn latest
PHP version: 5.3.8

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#41 2012-04-29 16:11:36

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for posting an example of textile that generates the problem. It’s actually down to an incorrect use of notedefs — but I should have anticipated that and made textile more robust: I’ll fix it. For what it’s worth, here’s an update to your example that avoids the bug, should you want to compare the two.

While I’m fixing this I also plan to extend the customisable footnote markers to the cover notelist markers in the main text too.

Steve

Board footer