Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-05-04 17:35:28

kvnmcwebn
Website

image uploader not working properly

Hi the image uploader on my photo blog is not uploading images anymore most of the time. It works about sometimes but not most of the time.

At first i thought it was my host doing maintenance because the page refresh status bar just stopped a quarter way through and nothing happened. But after trying multiple times and even letting one try and upload for a few hours I think there is a more serious problem. Its been going on for a couple days so i have ruled out hosting maintenance. Also it is not a connection speed issue. Diagnostics are fine. The database isn’t showing any problems in rss database manager. The site is running on 4.2. Should i upgrade textpattern before i do anything else?

its a bad hen that wont scratch itself.
photogallery

#2 2011-05-04 17:41:27

jsoo
Plugin Author
Website

Re: image uploader not working properly

I frequently have an issue when uploading images or files, where nothing happens except that the page-loading indicator continues to churn. Every time this happens I can “fix” it by stopping the page load and re-clicking the upload button. This happens with various browsers and with various PHP scripts, not just Txp.

Code is topiary

#3 2011-05-04 18:34:43

kvnmcwebn
Website

hi jeff,
thats the first thing i tried. this is something different.

photogallery

#4 2011-05-04 19:02:27

els

kvnmcwebn wrote:

The site is running on 4.2. Should i upgrade textpattern before i do anything else?

You should upgrade regardless of this ;) Did you have a look at the image sizes, does it happen with both small and large files?

#5 2011-05-04 19:20:32

kvnmcwebn
Website

woah. sorry. this is only happening in safari, it must be a browser issue.

photogallery

Board footer