Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2011-04-14 08:37:51

gp

Attempt to update from 4.0.5 to 4.4.0 loses Forms

Hi,

I’m trying to update my Textpattern installation from 4.0.5 to 4.4.0. I’ve followed the instructions on the website several times and am having the same problem. After the update, none the forms that have been created and that my sight uses are visible on the Forms tab. I’ve checked in the MySQL database and they are still in there.

My Diagnostics tab didn’t/doesn’t show any errors. When I first went to the backend login screen after copying the 4.4.0 files, I got the following messages (based on the Readme.txt, I expected the first but not the others):

Warning: Unknown column ‘user_name’ in ‘where clause’ select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name=’‘ in /XXX/XXX/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined variable: language in /XXX/XXX/public_html/textpattern/index.php on line 65

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /XXX/XXX/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:89) in /XXX/XXX/public_html/textpattern/include/txp_auth.php on line 224

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /XXX/XXX/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:89) in /XXX/XXX/public_html/textpattern/include/txp_auth.php on line 231

Warning: Unknown column ‘user_name’ in ‘where clause’ select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name=‘XXX’ in /XXX/XXX/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Warning: Unknown column ‘user_name’ in ‘where clause’ select name, val from txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name=’‘ in /XXX/XXX/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined variable: gmtoffset in /XXX/XXX/public_html/textpattern/update/_to_4.2.0.php on line 41

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

#2 2011-04-14 08:42:55

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Attempt to update from 4.0.5 to 4.4.0 loses Forms

gp wrote:

After the update, none the forms that have been created and that my sight uses are visible on the Forms tab.

Under 4.3.0 and higher the Forms are all housed beneath clickable headings on the right. Click ‘Article’ for example and all your article forms will be listed beneath. The open/closed status of the various headings are remebered for you automatically.

If the other errors have gone away now I wouldn’t worry about them.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2011-04-14 10:20:55

gp

Thank you for your response. I had guessed as much, but clicking on the appropriate header (articles, misc, etc.) to show the corresponding forms did nothing. The forms do not display. Any other thoughts?

#4 2011-04-14 10:31:36

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

gp wrote:

clicking on the appropriate header (articles, misc, etc.) to show the corresponding forms did nothing

OK, sorry if I appeared condescending. The fact the forms don’t show is weird. Which browser are you using?

Do the links appear to be toggling? i.e. (if you’re using the classic theme), does the arrow to the side flip from right-pointing to down-pointing? If that’s not hapenning then maybe it’s a jQuery issue or your stylesheet isn’t fully refreshed. Try opening up Firebug in Firefox, fully refreshing the page to clear the cache then clicking the links to see if there are any javascript errors generated.

After that I don’t really know what could be happening. Could be a plugin clash but I don’t think there are any that operate in that tab. You could try shutting them off one by one (or use wet_plugout to help) and see if things improve. If all that fails, post your high diagnostics and someone might be able to take this further.

Last edited by Bloke (2011-04-14 10:32:22)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#5 2011-04-14 10:55:35

gp

Nothing condescending about your response. It was a fair question.

I was using Firefox 3.6. Based on your suggestions, I updated the browser to 4.0 and the links on the Forms page now function as expected. My forms are now visible. Thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction.

#6 2011-04-14 11:29:34

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

gp wrote:

I updated the browser to 4.0 and the links on the Forms page now function as expected

Curious! But glad it’s fixed.

Board footer