Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-08-27 21:22:26

Jhangora
Website

Text Pattern on Hostgator

Hi Members. I have a few self domains hosted on hostgator and use WordPress as the CMS. I learnt about Text Pattern on Blog Catalog and immediately liked it. I want to try it out on some new sites which I want to develop.

I am no tech geek. Would Text Pattern be as easy to install and operate as Word Press.

Thanx and Regards.

#2 2010-08-27 23:52:04

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: Text Pattern on Hostgator

Hi

I host mainly on hostgator (reseller account) and the installation go strait without problem.

Cheers

#3 2010-08-28 08:09:25

Jhangora
Website

Thanx for the reply Dragondz. I am into affiliate marketing and am a bit tired of blogs. Multiple blogs are difficult to update regularly. I have a few static sites which are on Wordpress but I am not satisfied with the results.

Hostgator does not give the option to install Text Pattern thru Fantastico, cud u plz provide me the basic steps to install Text Pattern on Hostgator. Does Text Pattern have a similar backend to Wordpress. I am asking so many questions bcoz I’m pretty dumb technically and don’t know even html.

#4 2010-08-28 09:09:11

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Hi

For installation you have this page on the wiki : installation txp wich provide all information about installation

Txp is different from wordpress because it s more a CMS than a blog software, but his backend is quit easy, there is some information on the wiki that can help, and if you have some trouble search the forum or ask questions.

Cheers

#5 2010-08-28 09:18:28

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

#6 2010-08-28 13:20:10

Jhangora
Website

Thanx Dragondz and Gocom.

I downloaded Text Pattern and Unzipped the files in a new folder and went to the Hostgator cPanel. I chose FileZilla and downloaded the files for FTP and SFTP, installed these files. Now what???

Hostgator says Step 7: Open Filezilla and go to File > Site Manager. You should see your cPanel FTP listed. Click on it and connect using your password.

How do I open Filezilla. Filezilla homepage has a hyperlink – (Enter VoodooFiles) but when I click on it nothing happens.

Sorry but I’ve never used FTP before. :(

#7 2010-08-28 13:31:40

els

Jhangora wrote:

How do I open Filezilla.

If you installed it on your computer, you should have a menu entry or a desktop shortcut to open it. Otherwise see Running at the bottom of the installation instructions page.

#8 2015-10-02 19:27:37

bocaratonsh

Hi guys, sorry to bump this up but is there a step by step tutorial available for a linux server on HG please?

#9 2015-10-04 15:30:48

Destry
Website

As far as official docs go, this is as close as you’ll get: docs.textpattern.io/installation/

Setting up the database is a process you’ll likely find instructions for at HostGator, and using an FTP client is as easy as installing it and adding your web server details to make connections.

Board footer