Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-07-28 21:19:43

brunodario

"MySQL server has gone away" error

Hey there TXP Community,

I´m having an annoying problem with one of the biggest brazillian host companies (locaweb.com.br) suddently all websites that uses textpattern sttoped working, bringing an error on every page “Section Unknown” – So when i turn on the Debugging mode, the following error occurs:

Warning: MySQL server has gone away insert into txp_log set `time`=now(),page=’/’,ip=‘my ip’,host=‘my host’,refer=’‘,status=‘200’,method=‘GET’ textpattern/publish/log.php:69 safe_insert() in /home/storage/6/c3/c3/alsaengenharia/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Warning: MySQL server has gone away select user_html from txp_page where name=‘homeprovisoria’ textpattern/publish.php:496 safe_field() in /home/storage/6/c3/c3/alsaengenharia/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Warning: MySQL server has gone away select user_html from txp_page where name=‘error_404’ textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:1867 safe_field() in /home/storage/6/c3/c3/alsaengenharia/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Warning: MySQL server has gone away select user_html from txp_page where name=‘error_default’ textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:1869 safe_field() in /home/storage/6/c3/c3/alsaengenharia/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

At first i thought this was a plugin problem or something, but then i decided to check otter sites i´ve made that have been running flawless for a year or more and they all have the very same problem.

I´ve been reading something on this (MySQL server has gone away) but honestly, i can´t figure it out since i´m not a programmer and i use textpattern exactly because of this.

Locaweb´s wiki, says that this problem can be solved by “programming your scripts to connect to database, query and close the connection” wich i think txp already does, right?
Can someone point me a direction here? What can i ask for the host company to do? What can I do?

I think you can imagine how nuts i am right now, since every single website i´ve host with locaweb that uses txp is gone!

Edit: Even more strange is that i can access the /texpattern folder without any problem. Website diagnostic it´s ok also…

Thx in advance for your help!

Last edited by brunodario (2010-07-28 21:24:50)

#2 2010-07-29 05:34:42

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: "MySQL server has gone away" error

Did/Can you access the db via phpMyAdmin? It might be in need of repair

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2010-07-29 06:13:30

brunodario

Re: "MySQL server has gone away" error

Yes, i was able to access phpmyadmin and backup. The problem is now solved (w.o doing anything just like it came it´s gone), i really think that´s a host problem, not txp.

Thx for your answer anyway.

Board footer