Keith
Blyth, Northumberland, England
Capture The Moment

#3 2010-07-28 21:33:15

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: Aperture

Thanks Keith. But there’s more, as you may have noticed if you’ve been to the demo site. ;)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#4 2010-07-29 08:12:48

candyman

You have to pay. Nice feature! ;)

p.s.: A very good job.

#5 2010-07-29 13:32:47

liniocht
Website

Hi Stuart!
Tanks for the theme! I found it on woothemes site and asked them to sell it, but they refused. Today I visited textgarden – and oops! it’s here.
I’ve bought it and installed on existing txp installation. There seems to be some problems – with MLP on images are not loaded from css, it seems colour scheme css is not loaded.
Any ideas?

#6 2010-07-29 14:21:49

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

candyman wrote:

You have to pay. Nice feature! ;)

p.s.: A very good job.

Thank you and yes, you have to pay but I don’t think it’s a bad price considering the work involved with these themes. They aren’t exactly the “standard” type of wallpaper and I don’t see any mad rush of people willing to provide free themes. I shall be mixing it up. There are several “freebies” in the pipeline.

@liniocht – I have never used MLP but I can’t see why it should be messing with images. In any case if you could send me a login to stuart (at) thebombsite (dot) com I can go and have a look around. Make sure you have things in their proper place. I shall be setting up a forum over the weekend so that buyers can go there with any problems rather than bring them here.

Stuart

#7 2010-07-29 15:06:15

liniocht
Website

@thebombsite

In ap_DTD_head form you use <txp:site_url /> to form css URL:

<link rel=“stylesheet” type=“text/css” media=“screen” href=”<txp:site_url />site-design/styles/<txp:variable name=“style_variation_name” />.css” />

with MLP on <txp:site_url /> outputs http://site.com/lang_code i.e. http://site.com/en

obviously, there is no css file at that location

#8 2010-07-29 15:13:41

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

liniocht wrote:

with MLP on <txp:site_url /> outputs http://site.com/lang_code i.e. http://site.com/en obviously, there is no css file at that location

I think there is a .htaccess fix for that here

Steve

#9 2010-07-29 16:24:05

liniocht
Website

Thanks, Steve!

It seems to work.

#10 2010-07-29 17:18:15

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Yes thanks Steve. Learn something new every day. ;)

Stuart

#11 2010-07-29 20:30:09

maniar
Website

How does the pricing scheme and copyright work Stuart ?
If one buys this theme from you, does a portion go to WooThemes ? Is the theme author cool with his theme being ported ?

Thanks

اردو میں بھی دستیاب Textpattern آپ کے لیے اب

#12 2010-07-29 21:06:05

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Yes. I have permission to port ALL WooThemes and a fixed percentage will be going to them. Actually I have always asked for permission in advance to port all the themes I have done even if they are free. I just consider it common courtesy. My involvement with WooThemes though is far deeper than normal as you will see further down.

If you watch the Woothemes weblog you will shortly see a post by them about this.

Also, at the end of each year, probably just before Christmas, I shall donate 5% of my final earnings up to that point to the Devs so it is up to you lot whether they get a big present or a small present.

Tonight I am setting up a support forum which will be open to all buyers to join by invitation from me. It will only be concerned with purchased product so any WooThemes “freebies” such as Bueno will not be included there nor will any of my non-WooThemes themes.

Sometime over the weekend I shall be writing up a “sticky” on thebombsite.com to confirm this plus outline the buyers’ rights of use though at this point about the only thing that I shall insist on is that a link to “Designed by WooThemes” (or similar) be maintained somewhere in public view. You can modify them to your heart’s content and use them on as many sites as you wish.

When I started this project it was going to be hosted within WooThemes however their demographic is predominantly WP users and their reputation is very WP-based. They have already started promoting EE and Drupal variants at WooThemes but are not having much success with them, probably due to the “one-click” mentality of WP users, so it was decided that, whilst they continue to be happy for me to port their themes, it would be better for me to “go it alone” with their complete support.

At this point in time pricing will be a simple $20.00 per theme. I have no intention of setting up a membership scheme similar to WooThemes. That might change in the future but I doubt it. When I have enough themes available I may start doing something like “3 themes for $50.00” or similar.

So here I am. Does that answer your question Jaffer?

Last edited by thebombsite (2010-07-29 21:39:45)

Stuart

1. Index
  2. » Theme support
  3. » Aperture

Board footer