Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-07-14 07:52:37

bara

lost textpattern table

I have a couple of older textpattern installations (1.0rc3) on dreamhost that have lost their textpattern tables and wonder whether anyone else has encountered this, at dreamhost or elsewhere.

My only real guess is that the textpattern tables disappeared during database upgrades and/or moves, or PHP upgrades, to 5, maybe? I thought at first that my initial attempt at upgrading to textpattern 4 blew away something, but both the site I attempted to upgrade and the second site that I’ve made no attempt to update are missing their textpattern table in the database. Or maybe they got hacked?

Each site’s front page displays ok, with 1.0rc3, and the interior pages generally display the page template properly, but all the articles are gone. The textpattern table seems to be the only table missing.

Sadly, I have no recent good backup…. don’t let this happen to you! And please let me know if you know how it could have happened!

#2 2010-07-14 08:16:57

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Re: lost textpattern table

Are you sure that textpattern table is missed? Try login through phpMyAdmin (PMA) and check tables list. May you just need to run repair query (i hope this is the reason).

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#3 2010-07-14 09:53:02

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

bara wrote:

I have a couple of older textpattern installations (1.0rc3)

As Victor said it’s probably (hopefully) just a corruption. but do take some time to upgrade. rc3 is not considered safe anymore.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2010-07-17 21:35:39

bara

Thanks for your responses!

I’d verified the textpattern table was gone, via both phpmyadmin and simply reviewing the sql dump I’d taken of the first site after realizing the site was not displaying properly. The textpattern table for each site is gone. No other table seems to be missing.

The latest response from dreamhost support, after I sent them my post here, is that their upgrade to mysql 5.1 must have deleted the table, and no, they don’t have any backups from that time.

I’m skeptical of the database upgrade explanation (i’ve upgraded mysql installations myself and certainly never encountered a disappearing table), but absent a set of regular backups I’m can’t be sure when this happened, much less how.

Thanks again!

Board footer