You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2012-06-13 19:51:16

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: smd_write_cats: create categories on the fly from the Write tab

MattD wrote:

It doesn’t appear to be working for images

D’oh! Missed the image_insert and file_insert hooks. Try re-downloading the beta and let me know if that’s any better. Sorry about that.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#22 2012-06-13 20:42:19

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Category creating is working but I can’t seem to get it to create a child category, either using an existing parent or providing a new parent.

Even using the example Parent category -> New category results in the creationg of “new-category” under root.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#23 2012-06-13 22:24:49

Bloke
Developer
Website

MattD wrote:

Category creating is working but I can’t seem to get it to create a child category

Bah, third (4th?) time lucky. Try the latest beta download please.

Notes:

• The Parent you specify must be the category Title not the Txp-sanitized (possibly hyphenated) name.
  • If you try to assign a child to a non-existent parent (i.e. you are trying to create both Parent -> Child in one step) then the child will be assigned to root.

I could probably find a way round it so it made both parent and child cats, but for now it’s a known limitation that I’ll document.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-06-13 22:25:40)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#24 2012-06-13 23:04:31

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Looks like that did the trick. I’ll continue testing and update you if I hit an issue.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

Board footer