Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#131 2008-02-27 20:05:45

Els
Admin
Website

Re: [archived] sdr_guestbook

Ruhh wrote:

How would I put a Q: before the visitor’s comment and the A: before the author’s comment??

The comment is wrapped in a div class="comment commentator-<commentator-name>". Use CSS. You could give .comment a background image (Q) and .author-name (use the real author name!) another background image (A).

For future questions please use the appropriate plugin thread (sed_comment_pack, rah_comments) :)

Last edited by Els (2008-02-27 20:06:25)

<txp:Els /> ;)
Tag Reference | Unexpected behaviour? Check the tag trace | Still no clue? Check the names of your custom fields

#132 2008-03-21 18:57:46

roelof

Hello,

I have installed everything and it works allright but i use a form so i can display this the way i want.
in the page section i have this rule :
<txp:sdr_guestbook section=“gastenboek” articletitle=“guestbook” form=“guestbook_comments_form” pagestring_placement=“both” />

the guestbook-comments-form looks like this :

<fieldset> <legend>Geschreven op <txp:sed_comment_time class=‘comment-time’/> door :<comment_name /><txp:sed_if_author_comment_string string=’ (Author Comment)’ /></</legend>
<txp:message />
</fieldset>

But the guestbook is not displayed this way.
Who knows why ?

Regards.

Roelof

#133 2008-03-21 23:47:09

Els
Admin
Website

roelof wrote:

form=“guestbook_comments_form”

the guestbook-comments-form looks like this

1. Is it guestbook_comments_form or guestbook-comments-form? In other words, did you use the correct form name?

2. Check your quotes, it should be "...", not “…”

Tag Reference | Unexpected behaviour? Check the tag trace | Still no clue? Check the names of your custom fields

#134 2008-03-22 07:43:50

roelof

Hello Els,

The form is named guestbook_comments_form.

I changed it to : <txp:sdr_guestbook section=“gastenboek” articletitle=“guestbook” form=“guestbook_comments_form” pagestring_placement=“both” /> ut with no luck.

Roelof

#135 2008-03-22 12:30:24

Els
Admin
Website

roelof wrote:

articletitle="guestbook"

You should enter the exact article title, so if that is Guestbook (with a capital) you should use articletitle="Guestbook".

<fieldset> <legend>Geschreven op <txp:sed_comment_time class=‘comment-time’/> door :<comment_name /><txp:sed_if_author_comment_string string=’ (Author Comment)’ /></</legend> <txp:message /></fieldset>

There is a </ (just before </legend> that should not be there. Also, change the quotes to ".

(Just some ideas, I’m not using this plugin myself anymore, so I don’t even know if it still works with 4.0.6.)

#136 2008-03-22 13:34:06

roelof

Hoi Els,

I changed the article name to the right name and the form to this :
<fieldset>
<legend>Geschreven op <txp:comment_time /> door <txp:comment_name /> <legend />
<txp:comment_message />
<fieldset />

But no there is a border around the whole guestbook but it must be on every message.

Roelof

#137 2008-03-22 13:56:16

Gocom
Developer
Website

1. Fieldsets are basically form elements and so is legend. You should use divs etc. instead.
  2. Also you should close your fieldset, as it’s open – also your legend is open.
<fieldset>
	<legend>Geschreven op <txp:comment_time /> door <txp:comment_name /></legend>
</fieldset>

Even better is something like:

<div>
	<h3>Geschreven op <txp:comment_time /> door <txp:comment_name /></h3>
</div>

Last edited by Gocom (2008-03-22 13:57:25)

Rah-plugins | What? I’m a little confused… again :-) <txp:is_god />

#138 2008-03-22 14:24:21

roelof

Hello Gocom,

Very wierd,

Both forms are only once used without the comment_message and after that the comments form is being used.
Can there be problem in this rule :

<txp:if_section name=“gastenboek”>
<txp:sdr_guestbook section=“gastenboek” form=“guestbook_comments_form” articletitle=“vragen of opmerkingen” />
</ txp:if_section>

regards,

Roelof

#139 2008-03-22 17:01:04

Els
Admin
Website

Roelof, I think the attribute needs to be commentform! form is meant to be your article form. So:

<txp:if_section name="gastenboek">
<txp:sdr_guestbook section="gastenboek" form="your_article_form" commentform="guestbook_comments_form" articletitle="Vragen of opmerkingen" />
</txp:if_section>

(There also were a couple of spaces in your tags that shouldn’t be there, so if you copy this code it should be all right.)

Last edited by Els (2008-03-22 17:03:20)

#140 2008-03-22 18:10:51

roelof

It works,

But it seems that this plugin doesn’t make messy url’s like i have in the rest of the site.

Roelof

Board footer