Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2011-03-14 19:32:51

nabrown78
Website

Re: bot_image_upload: upload, sort, edit, show images in ‘write' tab

Hi Redbot. Sorry for the late reply, I forgot to subscribe to this thread.

can you check if typing this addres: http://site_url/textpattern/?bot_image_img=edit or http://site_url/?bot_image_img=edit

When I visit the first, it just takes me to the textpattern login page (or my default tab if I’m logged in), and for the second, it takes me to my site’s homepage.

Also, it’s just a single site.

Thanks,
Nora

#98 2011-03-14 21:47:44

redbot
Plugin Author

nabrown78 wrote:

…When I visit the first, it just takes me to the textpattern login page (or my default tab if I’m logged in), and for the second, it takes me to my site’s homepage.

Hmm… very strange behaviour… I can’t understand what’s causing this, also no one complained about this issue for the latest plugin releases.
Anyway, while I (hopefully) find a solution, you can download the three images here, upload them to your site and change the plugin css accordingly (look for lines between 42 – 60).

Just a last question to be sure: is this happening on a live site or in your local installation?

#99 2011-03-14 23:04:45

nabrown78
Website

Hi Redbot — it is a live site. www.mariawhiteman.ca to be exact.

Thanks for the images…for now I have just adjusted the css and other plugin code to use “X” for delete and “Edit” for edit. Don’t kill yourself over this, because that solution works quite well, for me anyway.

You could stack these tiny icons into a single sprite, and include non-coded in the plugin — would that make things any simpler?

#100 2011-03-14 23:48:17

redbot
Plugin Author

nabrown78 wrote:

…Thanks for the images…for now I have just adjusted the css and other plugin code to use “X” for delete and “Edit” for edit. Don’t kill yourself over this, because that solution works quite well, for me anyway.

…You could stack these tiny icons into a single sprite, and include non-coded in the plugin — would that make things any simpler?

Hi Nora,
to tell the truth the plugin included ‘real images’ in his first version but then Jukka/Gocom kindly offered some (really, really appreciated) suggestions, among which the idea of encoded images to stuff everything into a single txt file, so at the end I was (and I still am) persuaded this was the best route to follow.

For the record I begin to think it may depend on some particular php settings on your server (especially related to output buffering) but I agree it is not the case to “kill myself over this”, since the fix is quite easy.

Two last things (yes I’m paranoid):

1) why did you choose to use “x” and “edit” when you could solve the issue by just changing half css line (replacing url(?bot_image_img=edit) with url(../images/edit.png))? I can’t stand this from an aesthetic point of view ;-)

2) I suggest you fix at least the “loader” image as it will give the user a cue that something is happening when they click the “add image” link.

#101 2011-03-17 22:05:50

nabrown78
Website

Two last things (yes I’m paranoid):

1) why did you choose to use “x” and “edit” when you could solve the issue by just changing half css line (replacing url(?bot_image_img=edit) with url(../images/edit.png))? I can’t stand this from an aesthetic point of view ;-)

2) I suggest you fix at least the “loader” image as it will give the user a cue that something is happening when they click the “add image” link.

Ah, well…as for #1 I just wanted something quick and dirty, and when I did it, it didn’t look too bad to me. However, when I get some more time I might replace with your images. #2: Very good point. That gives the user important feedback.

Thanks redbot!

#102 2011-06-09 20:11:08

jayrope
Plugin Author
Website Mastodon

Just want to express my respect for the writer of this plugin. This is really of great help, when dealing with txp:gui_unexperienced_clients :) I will express my respect in a donation as soon as txp:gui_unexperienced_client has paid me :)

Grazie mille! Mille grazie!

A hole turned upside down is a dome, when there’s also gravity.

#103 2011-06-09 22:28:51

redbot
Plugin Author

Thanks jane!
BTW I hope to find the time to release as soon as possible the next version which fixes one or two (minor) bugs.

Last edited by redbot (2011-06-09 22:30:31)

#104 2011-06-10 18:23:59

hudsong

Hey,

I click the ‘choose image’ link and nothing happens. Any ideas? Using latest TXP release, also have disabled all other plugins.

Last edited by hudsong (2011-06-10 18:31:09)

#105 2011-06-10 18:43:36

redbot
Plugin Author

hudsong wrote:

…I click the ‘choose image’ link and nothing happens. Any ideas? Using latest TXP release, also have disabled all other plugins.

Hi,
I need more infos to find the issue.
First, if the ‘choose image’ link is showing then I assume jquery is loaded and working.

1) Does this happens in every browser?
2) what do you mean for ‘latest TXP release’? I haven’t tested it with 4.4.1 but it works with 4.4.0

Sorry if my answer is a bit rushed, I wish I had more time to help you but really I haven’t…

#106 2011-06-10 19:58:37

hudsong

Hey,
The theme I was using (Vitraux) was causing it to break but I don’t know why. I switched to TXP Mobile and it works. Thanks for the quick reply!

#107 2011-06-11 12:36:35

redbot
Plugin Author

hudsong wrote:

Hey,
The theme I was using (Vitraux) was causing it to break but I don’t know why. I switched to TXP Mobile and it works. Thanks for the quick reply!

Glad you sorted it out hudsong,
unfortunately most admin-side plugins need to target specific html items, so they won’t work if the underlying markup changes.
This plugin was written with the default txp themes in mind (classic and remora) so you must either use only-css themes (like this one) or you’ll need to tweak the plugin.

#108 2011-06-15 11:51:29

uli

I’m working for an artist client and needed the large version of the image to be displayed in the Write tab (in the center column, bot_wtc).

If you need this similarly, in the plugin code of bot_iu around line 262 look for

$image = $id.'t'.$ext.$rnd_number;

and replace with

$image = $id.$ext.$rnd_number;

In order to have an image display instantly after choosing it (instead of an enlarged thumbnail), around line 426 look for

var imageUrl = $(this).parents("tr").find("td.thumbnail img").attr('src'); // Grabs url of currently checked thumb

and replace with

var imageUrl = $(this).parents("tr").find("td.thumbnail img").attr('src').replace("t.","."); // Grabs url of currently checked image

Last edited by uli (2011-11-02 22:02:56)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer