Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#133 2012-09-06 00:14:34

tye
Website

Re: bot_image_upload: upload, sort, edit, show images in ‘write' tab

Just loaded on a fresh install – works perfectly :)

Thanks redbot

#134 2012-10-10 16:56:37

gpskip

I’m unable to get this plugin working after installing it in Textpattern 4.5.1(upgraded from 4.0.5). Textpattern is brand new to me, so perhaps I overlooked something. By not working I mean in the Write tab the Article image form displays an input box for an image id, path, etc, but not a link that will trigger the plugin options for selecting & editing images.

Thanks.

#135 2012-10-10 17:00:58

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

gpskip schrieb:

I mean in the Write tab the Article image form displays an input box for an image id, path, etc, but not a link that will trigger the plugin options for selecting & editing images.

this field is normaly hidden by the plug-in itself. so its not working properly.
did you use the newest version? and, sorry for that stupid question.., did you active the plugin..?

#136 2012-10-10 20:14:14

redbot
Plugin Author

gpskip wrote:

… but not a link that will trigger the plugin options for selecting & editing images.

1) As jens31 said: did you activate the plugin (in the ‘plugins’ tab)?
2) Once done you should see something like this:

#137 2012-10-12 03:23:06

gpskip

Thanks for the responses.

Yes, the plugin is activated and set to ‘yes’. But, no I am not seeing the form fields as they appear in your screen shot. They appear like this:

Also, I don’t understand why when I preview my response here my image is embedded, but after submitting the post textile code displays instead.

Last edited by gpskip (2012-10-12 03:36:48)

#138 2012-10-12 09:32:32

els

gpskip wrote:

Also, I don’t understand why when I preview my response here my image is embedded, but after submitting the post textile code displays instead.

It’s a restriction for ‘New Members’. Sorry about that, but the target are spammers of course… As soon as you reach your 10th forum post, you will become a regular ‘Member’ and be able to post and see everything.
Here is your image:

#139 2012-10-12 10:35:31

redbot
Plugin Author

gpskip wrote:

… Yes, the plugin is activated and set to ‘yes’. But, no I am not seeing the form fields as they appear in your screen shot. …

Ok,
another round of questions:

1. Are you sure you are using version 0.6.3 of the plugin?
  2. Could you post here the configuration part of the plugin (go to “plugins” tab > click on the plugins name > around line 16 you’ll find a row beginning with “‘bot_iu_fields’ =>” > copy the whole row here so I can see if all is ok)
  3. If anything before is ok then go to the ‘write’ tab and examine the html source of the page: search for the string ‘bot_image_’ and report if you find something or not

#140 2012-10-14 09:19:58

SuMu
Website

Hi redbot, I have a question :-)

I hope I can explain it understandable:

I use this plugin (see blog), here is my code for 1 Image, with image caption

<txp:if_article_image><div class="thumb">
  <txp:permlink class="thumbs" title='<txp:title />'>
    <txp:article_image thumbnail="1" escape="html" />
  </txp:permlink>
<txp:image_info type="caption" wraptag="p" class="img_cap" id='<txp:custom_field name="article_image" />' />
</div>
</txp:if_article_image>
</txp:if_individual_article>
<txp:if_article_list>
<txp:if_excerpt>
<txp:excerpt />
<p class="morelink"><txp:permlink>&rarr; Den ganzen  Artikel lesen</txp:permlink></p>
<txp:else/>
<txp:body />
</txp:if_excerpt>
<txp:else/>
<txp:excerpt />
<txp:if_article_image><div class="mitte"><txp:article_image class="" /><txp:image_info type="caption" wraptag="p" class="img_cap" id='<txp:custom_field name="article_image" />' /></div></txp:if_article_image>
<txp:body />
</txp:if_article_list>

This code works!

I want to use a second image (from time to time)! what kind of code do I need to take?

'bot_iu_fields' => '#article-image, #custom-2' // fields to be used
'bot_iu_mono_list' => '#article-image, #custom-2,', // fields with single image  

I know I have to edit your Plugin, I created a custom filed called: custom-2

<txp:if_custom_field name="custom-2">
 <div class="mitte"><txp:article_image class="" /><txp:image_info type="caption" wraptag="p" class="img_cap" id='<txp:custom_field name="article_image" />' /></div>
<txp:else />  
</txp:if_custom_field>

This code does not appear the second image ….

Can someone please help me :-)

viele Grüße
SuMu

Psychomuell + blogZicke

#141 2012-10-14 14:01:32

redbot
Plugin Author

Hi Susanne,
if I understood correctly you are doing it wrong.

First of all in your second snippet (for the second image) you are using the “article_image” tag while you should be using the “custom_field” tag instead.
Like so:

<txp:if_custom_field name="custom-2">
 	<div class="mitte">
 		<txp:image class="" id='<txp:custom_field name="custom-2" />' /><txp:image_info type="caption" wraptag="p" class="img_cap" id='<txp:custom_field name="custom-2" />' />
 	</div>
<txp:else />  
</txp:if_custom_field>

Note that for the ‘custom_field’ and ‘if_custom_field’ tags you have to use the actual cf name (i.e. if you custom-2 is called ‘my_image’ you have to use ‘my_image’ as name.)

Said that, if you want to output the images one after another maybe it would be easier if you use only the ‘article-image’ field, enabling the multi-image insertion for that field.
To do so you have to change the plugins configuration this way:

'bot_iu_fields' => '#article-image' // fields to be used
'bot_iu_mono_list' => '', // fields with single image 

(In the first line you choose to use only the article image field and in the second you remove the ‘single id’ limit so to allow for multiple id insertion for that field).
This would also allow to rearrange the images order with drag and drop straight in the ‘write’ tab(read the instruction for the details)

Last edited by redbot (2012-10-14 14:03:11)

#142 2012-10-14 15:26:14

gpskip

redbot wrote:

Ok, another round of questions:
1. Are you sure you are using version 0.6.3 of the plugin?
2. Could you post here the configuration part of the plugin (go to “plugins” tab > click on the plugins name > around line 16 you’ll find a row beginning with “‘bot_iu_fields’ =>” > copy the whole row here so I can see if all is ok)
3. If anything before is ok then go to the ‘write’ tab and examine the html source of the page: search for the string ‘bot_image_’ and report if you find something or not

Answers:
  1. plugin version: yes to 0.6.3
  2. 'bot_iu_fields' => '#article-image', // fields to be used (comma separated | use #custom-n for custom fields)
  3. Source code for our Write Tab page (plugin CSS & JS are present, but article-image form input field is not modified)

Thank you for efforts.

Last edited by gpskip (2012-10-14 15:27:02)

#143 2012-10-14 15:34:45

redbot
Plugin Author

gpskip wrote:

Answers:

1. plugin version: yes to 0.6.3
  2. 'bot_iu_fields' => '#article-image', // fields to be used (comma separated | use #custom-n for custom fields)
  3. Source code for our Write Tab page (plugin CSS & JS are present, but article-image form input field is not modified) …

Weird, all should be set to work properly.
The only thing I could think of is if jquery is loaded, but I doubt this is the case given that I suppose you haven’t modified textpattern files.
Let’s see… which theme are you using?
Which other plugins are installed?

#144 2012-10-14 15:50:13

gpskip

redbot wrote:

Weird, all should be set to work properly.
The only thing I could think of is if jquery is loaded, but I doubt this is the case given that I suppose you haven’t modified textpattern files.
Let’s see… which theme are you using?
Which other plugins are installed?

Nope, I haven’t modified any textpattern file (unless my predecessor did). Jquery 1.7.2 is loading fine. We are using the Classic theme. These are plugins that are installed.

Board footer