Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2010-06-06 20:30:52

growtrees
Website

Re: Problems Restoring TXP Content To New Host

I’m contacting my old hosting company now. They probably erased everything but we’ll see. I guess I kind of spaced out a bit when transferring stuff over because I didn’t think those files changed but now I see that I’m lost a bunch of stuff.

I managed to get the old TXP version working after contacting my hosting company. I guess there was something wrong with my .htaccess file. Finally! Phew. But because I forgot to back up some of my other files all my images are missing. I’d have to reupload all the images as new files and change all the links if I don’t get my old images folder back. Crap. We’ll see.

Thank you for all you guy’s help!

#14 2010-06-06 20:51:32

masa

Re: Problems Restoring TXP Content To New Host

growtrees wrote:

But because I forgot to back up some of my other files all my images are missing. I’d have to reupload all the images as new files and change all the links if I don’t get my old images folder back.

Unless it was a terrible host they should have a backup. All the ones I’ve worked with run at least one backup per day. Make sure to ask them nicely.

But in the meantime you could try logging into that old host account via ftp and see whether things are still there, and if so, grab everything. Depending on the number of images you had, recreating everything from scratch can be a huge task.

Board footer