Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2010-03-04 10:23:58

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: Textpacks: I18N facility for plugins and other third party software

Cool stuf

at end i will have zem_contact_lang in french or arabic without modifiyng the code by hand!

You rock man

#14 2010-03-04 13:09:18

squaredeye
Website

quite a nice solution I think. Well done.

#15 2010-03-04 15:35:57

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Yaaaaayyy! It gets even better!

#16 2010-03-04 15:42:06

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Oh Mary… Sometimes I’m quite glad that SWMBO does not frequent this venue.

#17 2010-03-04 15:49:41

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

LOL

Just sharing the love – I’ve gotten several vows of love and marriage proposals over the years here. :D

#18 2010-03-05 00:57:04

bici
Website Mastodon

I’d marry any one who could provide an idiot’s guide to using this Plugin/TextPack to allow for a dual language contact form.

( of course I, being the idiot, would refrain from having children )

…. texted postive

#19 2010-03-05 02:35:29

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

bici wrote:

Plugin/TextPack to allow for a dual language contact form.

Are you after multilingual support? To make language user changeable is a whole different case. Currently this is just a method to add, with less hassle, strings into language database so that they can be called later on from the correct language set.

Our friend Mr. MLP allows you to do multi-lang sites. And ZCR has some forms.

#20 2010-03-05 19:57:17

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

wet wrote:

A plugin author would embed her Textpack in the plugin’s metadata and let the core do rest upon installation:

Could txp_plugin table get textpack field that might store the installed textpack? That way the language strings can be uninstalled and the plugins can be re-packaged directly from database. Also favors ied_plugin_composer and rah_plugin_download.

Mary wrote:

Just sharing the love – I’ve gotten several vows of love and marriage proposals over the years here. :D

Horny men. And men don’t know that girls use interwebs too. When they see one doing it… ;-)

#21 2010-03-07 06:11:10

rsilletti

My temptation after having poked around the idea of writing a textpacks manager plugin would be to add a DB column to txp_lang, a way to tag textpack additions with an identifier that could be used to select a specific textpack or textpack author by query; something optional that would be written if included much like the language and event are in the textpack text.
My first toss was a six character string, first 3 characters would be the author or set identifier, the second 3 characters would be a unique textpack identifier, but any method could be devised by the user or developer once the choice was made available. It would open doors to further development.

#22 2010-04-04 16:49:05

sereal

how to install this update ?

is it just replacing the old content ?

is it safe ?

$(mydocument).notyetready(function() {});
dowebsitesneedtolookexactlythesameineverybrowser ?

#23 2010-04-07 19:19:05

rsilletti

Is there any interest in testing a plugin that will run under TXP VER 4.2.0? This is a clone of Robert’s original commit moved into an admin side plugin with some additions to allow for tagging textpacks with an ID of sorts to allow for removing them if you need to without the tedious phpmyadmin approach.

Source Code

ras_lang_manager_v0.1b-1.txt

This plugin :
1. adds a column named `pack` to txp_lang upon installation and enabling, I’d be sure you want that before you enable it. (there is no uninstall set up for that change yet).

2. adds string pairs to the language table much like the textpacks facility in the current SVN with exception that a “packid” is also added with the textpack text.

3. creates a delete link in the plugin display that when activated deletes all rows in txp_lang tagged with that ID.

I haven’t found any problems with this plugin as yet, but I would nevertheless use it with caution. My understanding of this code is as yet a little fuzzy in view of the fact that much of it was cobbled together from Robert’s original code, some of which I am still sorting out the details of. Given any interest or feedback of a positive nature with this and I’ll create a plugin thread for it, at present I’m just looking for some idea as to the general value of pursuing it.

#24 2011-06-30 20:18:15

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Is there any example floating around how to make use of textpacks inside a theme or single templates?

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

Board footer