Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2010-03-03 20:32:27

Bloke
Developer
Website

Re: [contrib] New Textplates round

peleve wrote:

The comments to my latest post from jacob and Bloke reflect ‘developer centric’ thinking.

Dammit, you found me out :-p

But yes, essentially, I don’t know how to be anything other than a geek. If I want something to work I’ll make it work. If I want something to be easier I’ll do what I can to make it easier and help others out. At the moment I simply don’t know how to make it easier. Stuart, on the other hand, has lived this template malarky for a lot longer and has made some great suggestions in his other thread (which has not gone unnoticed, btw, I just don’t have anything constructive to add apart from that it’s a great idea — thought processes are going round the back of my head and around the heads of others).

I’m interested to see how Stuart has streamlined the process and if his methodology takes off — which I’m sure it will given the feedback so far — I’ll be on the sidelines in a cheerleader’s outfit yelling “Make it an S-T-A-N-D-A-R-D”. Once that’s in place, I’m sure a plugin to automate the process, or at least make it even slicker, will appear shortly after (because if nobody else does it, I will — cf. the start of the 2nd paragraph of this post!)

Sorry for hijacking this thread though stephan; you’re right, let’s move this discussion either to a new thread or hijack Stuart’s post on the subject instead :-D

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#22 2010-03-04 18:52:10

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [contrib] New Textplates round

I had developed some code that installs plugins from files. You can think about it like “hcw_templates for plugins” which works in one way – inserts plugins to db.

I made this when had fun with making self-installing txp site with preset template and plugins. May be this plugin could become standart for such work?

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

Board footer