Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2010-07-27 23:09:18

whocarez
Plugin Author
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: TXP Tweet: arc_twitter and arc_twitter_intents

Hello,

I use 1.0.3beta and I often get an 401 (not authorized) error if I try to republish an article on twitter, which wasn´t published there yet. Maybe it is associated with cyrillic signs in url or/and title, but I´m not sure. Tests with non cyrillic urls also failed, when the article was already published, but it seems that if the article is new and nonpublished, that it is possible to get it via arc_twitter submitted to twitter not important whether it uses cyrillic symbols in url or not.

#98 2010-08-03 18:08:30

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

reid wrote:

I’m getting an error on the article write page when I switch “Twitter update” from no to yes and then click save:

Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /users/home/photodude/web/public/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php on line 2815

The update posts to twitter as expected, so it seems this error doesn’t affect function (though it does screw the CSS rendering in the theme I’m using). Just thought you should know about it.

I think this might be related to your article’s url rather than arc_twitter but I’m not 100% sure. What url format are you using (not that this should matter)? Are the tweets correctly linking to your articles?

whocarez wrote:

I use 1.0.3beta and I often get an 401 (not authorized) error if I try to republish an article on twitter, which wasn´t published there yet. Maybe it is associated with cyrillic signs in url or/and title, but I´m not sure. Tests with non cyrillic urls also failed, when the article was already published, but it seems that if the article is new and nonpublished, that it is possible to get it via arc_twitter submitted to twitter not important whether it uses cyrillic symbols in url or not.

Is this only the case when you try to update Twitter after publishing your article? Wondering if this is related in part to Reid’s issue.

How is your 401 error showing? Is it appearing within the edit screen within the Twitter Update block?

#99 2010-08-03 19:43:39

reid
Website

monkeyninja wrote:

I think this might be related to your article’s url rather than arc_twitter but I’m not 100% sure. What url format are you using (not that this should matter)? Are the tweets correctly linking to your articles?

I’m using year/month/day/title as the URL format, but I’m now realizing this could be a flaw in smd_short_url, which I’m using to generate the link in the tweet. But everything works, the tweet is posted, and the generated URL takes you to the right place. It’s merely an error shown in the admin interface.

Last edited by reid (2010-08-03 19:44:13)

TextPattern user since 04/04/04

#100 2010-08-04 09:32:45

whocarez
Plugin Author
Website GitHub Twitter

monkeyninja wrote:

Is this only the case when you try to update Twitter after publishing your article? Wondering if this is related in part to Reid’s issue.

How is your 401 error showing? Is it appearing within the edit screen within the Twitter Update block?

Yes, at the moment I had no errors cases when I switched “Update Twitter” on before I publish an article.
The error is showing up within the “Twitter update block”

examples of non-working titles:
"Кернел" за счет SPO профинансирует сделку по Allseeds и покупку новых активов - эксперты
2 тысячи комбайнов «Ростсельмаш» будут проданы в Украину при условии кредитования со стороны РФ
Аренда сельскохозяйственных земель в Украине: тенденции 3-го квартала 2009

but

ЕБРР планирует выделить долгосрочный кредит агрохолдингу "Астарта" на $10 млн.
МХП получит кредит от ЕБРР до $50 млн. worked

the url of a non-working article is:
Аренда-сельскохозяйственных-земель-Украине-тенденции-квартала-2009

a working url goes like this:
Продажи-тракторов-ФЕНДТ-936-первом-квартале-2010-года-превысили-собственный-уровень-продаж-соответствующего-периода-2008

I don´t see in title or url a factor for this error ….
There are at the moment no problems with German language articles

btw. I use no “prefix” or “suffix” and the preferred url-shortener is “tinyurl”
textpattern 4.2.0, mlp, php 5.2.13

#101 2010-08-06 10:02:16

gomedia
Plugin Author

Hi Andy,

I’ve been giving your plugin a whirl & I’ve hit a strange one. Links in the tweets don’t seem to be rendered properly.

Here’s what I get on the page:

<li>The most amazing setting for an Opera in Australia <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch'>http://www.youtube.com/watch</a>?v=Mxe-ezgJixc <span class="arc_twitter-posted">Jul  8, 08:31 am</span></li>
<li>Gumboots &amp; Pearls is back with Opera in the Otways at Cape Otway Lightstation Saturday 16th October 2010 www.otwaysopera.com.au <span class="arc_twitter-posted">Jun 22, 07:53 pm</span></li>

Notice the misformed link in the first tweet and, in the second tweet, the website address is not a link at all.

Have a look at twitter.com/otwaysopera to see how it should look. I’m running 1.0.3beta.

#102 2010-08-07 13:55:59

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Hi whocarez, if the error is appearing in the Update Twitter block, then it is Twitter that is not happy with what is being tweeted. I can’t see any obvious reason for this from what you’ve posted. I’ve only ever tested the plugin with latin based alphabet characters and am not sure how much help I’m going to be able to offer you on this one. I will attempt to see if I can spot anything obvious if I try and use the same article titles and get back to you.

gomedia, this is currently a known issue and something that I am working on ready for the next release that should see some general improvements to the tags offered by the plugin.

#103 2010-08-12 18:18:19

oliverker
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Andy,

Really struggling again with installing this on existing sites…

I have created a brand new txp install and only installed arc_twitter and works ok.

Then I tried to install the latest version on a development subdomain and it doesn’t even let me use the tag to output a twitter stream I get the following when trying to connect to twitter (this is the only error message I can find as It doesn’t alert me to anything else

Notice: Undefined index: oauth_token in /path/to/domain/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 851
Notice: Undefined index: oauth_token_secret in /path/to/domain/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 851
Notice: Undefined index: oauth_token in /path/to/domain/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 264
Notice: Undefined index: oauth_token_secret in /path/to/domain/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 265
Notice: Undefined index: oauth_token in /path/to/domain/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 862

or on the domain I will be using it says

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in  /path/to/domain/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 968

Im really lost

Thanks
Oli

#104 2010-08-13 06:39:10

Rimfya

Hey awesome plugin, cheers.

One question, is there any way to make arc_twitter only display public tweets? Or in other words, hide tweets that are replies?

#105 2010-08-13 07:55:18

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

oliverker wrote:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in  /path/to/domain/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 968

Sounds like your development environment doesn’t have cURL installed which is a requirement for the plugin. If that’s the case then nothing will work for you.
Rimfya wrote:

Hey awesome plugin, cheers.

One question, is there any way to make arc_twitter only display public tweets? Or in other words, hide tweets that are replies?

Currently no as there is no simple way of doing this with the Twitter API. It is not something that I have ruled out of doing yet though.

arc_twitter v2 is in the works and the public tagging side of the plugin is where new functionality is going to be seen. Expect some new tags and the ability to retweet articles (as requested ages ago by oliverker). Conveniently Twitter have just released a Tweet Button just as I was about to launch in to working on that very functionality, so the plan is to tie that in with the workings of arc_twitter.

Last edited by monkeyninja (2010-08-13 08:02:12)

#106 2010-08-13 08:32:53

oliverker
Plugin Author
Website

monkeyninja wrote:

Sounds like your development environment doesn’t have cURL installed which is a requirement for the plugin. If that’s the case then nothing will work for you.

Damn it : )

Any reason why its not working on my dev domain? its exaclty the same database on a different domain, but the dev server/domain does have cURL, it doesn’t even pull in the tweets?

#107 2010-08-13 09:42:22

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

oliverker wrote:

Any reason why its not working on my dev domain? its exaclty the same database on a different domain, but the dev server/domain does have cURL, it doesn’t even pull in the tweets?

If it doesn’t recognise curl_init() then the only thing I could think is that cURL is not available to you. Without cURL the plugin can’t communicate with Twitter I’m afraid.

Try checking for cURL using <?php phpinfo(); ?> and looking for “with curl”.

#108 2010-08-23 05:52:34

maverick
Website

monkeyninja wrote:

There are known issues with multi-site installs, but fixable.

Are the fixes documented somewhere?

I’ve installed arc_twitter on a new multi-site install. When I go to “options”, I get the “Twitter username unknown (Connect to Twitter)” as exptected.

When I click on the link (Connect to Twitter) I get a 404.

Is this becomes the admin is in a sub domain? (I notice that it is using the main domain as the referring link instead of the admin subdomain).

Thanks for any help

Mike

Board footer