Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#169 2011-04-01 18:48:40

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Re: TXP Tweet: arc_twitter and arc_twitter_intents

On the subject of retweets, the attribute description was missing from the documentation. It has been added to the latest version, along with the missing timeline attribute documentation. So much was added to version 2 seems like I forgot what had been added.

#170 2011-04-04 18:02:17

decoderltd
Website

Hi Andy,

The retweet attribute did have me confused as I couldn’t find it in the documentation. Thanks for a great plug-in and all your help.

#171 2011-07-07 16:48:41

douglgm
Website

Hiya, quick question – does arc_twitter display twitter web intents?

http://dev.twitter.com/pages/intents

Doug.

#172 2011-07-07 18:34:52

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

douglgm wrote:

Hiya, quick question – does arc_twitter display twitter web intents?

It is in the works. The dev version of the plugin currently has a <txp:arc_twitter_follow /> tag for the User follow intent widget. I haven’t fully made my mind up on how best to handle the reply/retweet/favourite intents, partly because arc_twitter already has an <txp:arc_twitter_retweet /> tag that’s not quite the same as the intent version. I can’t decide whether to incorporate the retweet intent into the existing tag with an extra attribute and then have <txp:arc_twitter_reply /> and <txp:arc_twitter_favorite /> tags; or go with a more universal <txp:arc_twitter_intent /> tag. The latter is the most likely direction, but I don’t like the idea of the potential confusion over retweeting.

Most of the hard work is done, so if anyone wants to indicate a preference over the tag choices I’ll push ahead with getting them in and the next release of the plugin out.

#173 2011-07-07 18:44:27

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Actually looking at the code and API perhaps the best route will be to merge the intent retweet and tweet button functionality into one awesome <txp:arc_twitter_retweet /> tag with a “type” attribute that’s either “button” (default for backwards compatibility) or “retweet” (for intent version).

#174 2011-07-07 19:44:45

douglgm
Website

monkeyninja wrote:

Actually looking at the code and API perhaps the best route will be to merge the intent retweet and tweet button functionality into one awesome <txp:arc_twitter_retweet /> tag with a “type” attribute that’s either “button” (default for backwards compatibility) or “retweet” (for intent version).

Sounds good to me! Awesome plugin by the way!

#175 2011-08-02 19:21:13

WebKat

I have a question. The front page of this thread says the current version is 2.0 beta, but in my plugins list it says I have version 2.01. Do I have the current version? I’m confused. (Today I’m updating plugins since I’ve kind of neglected keeping them up to date)

WebKat

#176 2011-08-02 20:00:51

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

OpalCat wrote:

I have a question. The front page of this thread says the current version is 2.0 beta, but in my plugins list it says I have version 2.01. Do I have the current version? I’m confused. (Today I’m updating plugins since I’ve kind of neglected keeping them up to date)

The current version is 2.01beta. I’ve corrected the details at the start of the thread. Version 3 is very nearly ready for release. I just need to do a bit more testing and then it should be ready for release. There are quite a few new features and improvements in v3 including a load of new tags.

#177 2011-08-03 19:42:28

progre55

Can arc_twitter run on PHP version: 4.4.9? I have it working well on a newer site of mine, but wanted to load it on an older site that is running TXP 4.2.

Thanks.

progre55

Last edited by progre55 (2011-08-03 19:42:47)

#178 2011-08-04 12:37:05

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

progre55 wrote:

Can arc_twitter run on PHP version: 4.4.9? I have it working well on a newer site of mine, but wanted to load it on an older site that is running TXP 4.2.

Afraid not. The plugin uses a number of methods only available in PHP 5+. Is your older site on a different server to the one you are running arc_twitter on? PHP 5 is relatively common on servers now (as far as I am aware).

#179 2011-08-05 06:00:08

stephan
Plugin Author
Website

Hi, no matter what plugin version I seem to use (also tried 3.0-dev fresh from the github) I cannot go to the plug-in settings and connect my Twitter account. It says No input file specified. since it calls the site by appending “textpattern/” instead of using the actual site name (I believe this was brought up earlier already). So in fact arc_twitter needs to be manually tricked into working with a multi-site installation of 4.4.1.

Any chance to get this fixed in the next arc_twitter release?

Yoko for Textpattern – A free blog themeMinimum Theme – If all you want to do is write.
Note: I am currently not actively using Textpattern, so I am not in the forums very often

#180 2011-08-08 20:15:13

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

stephan wrote:

Hi, no matter what plugin version I seem to use (also tried 3.0-dev fresh from the github) I cannot go to the plug-in settings and connect my Twitter account. It s.ays No input file specified. since it calls the site by appending “textpattern/” instead of using the actual site name (I believe this was brought up earlier already). So in fact arc_twitter needs to be manually tricked into working with a multi-site installation of 4.4.1.

Any chance to get this fixed in the next arc_twitter release?

This should be sorted before v3 is released officially. The code changes are in place, but not yet up on Github. The next version should be out really soon I hope, just need to do a bit more testing first as there are a lot of new things in this release.

Last edited by monkeyninja (2011-08-08 20:15:30)

Board footer