Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#157 2011-03-17 21:04:01

vurt

Re: TXP Tweet: arc_twitter and arc_twitter_intents

Hey monkeyninja,

The only other issue that I’ve run across is that one of my clients wanted to be able to mark an article to publish in the future, and have it tweet at that future time.

Of course, that would be a feature request, not a complaint.

#158 2011-03-21 11:41:35

decoderltd
Website

Hi,

I’ve been using your plug-in without any problem until recently. While building a website for a printer client we put our own Twitter feed in place until they had set-up one themselves but despite uninstalling the plug-in, reinstalling and adding in the new details I now can’t get the feed to display our client’s tweets – oddly, it continues to show our tweets even with the plug-in disabled. I then tried deleting the arc-twitter table and the contents of the tmp folder and reinstalled again but to no avail and now I’m also getting this error:

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/sites/iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/home/sites/iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/tmp/3d101f29ddf231f539d17fb0a03ffe0e) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(638) : eval()'d code on line 871
Textpattern

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

#159 2011-03-24 21:33:47

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

vurt wrote:

Hey monkeyninja,

The only other issue that I’ve run across is that one of my clients wanted to be able to mark an article to publish in the future, and have it tweet at that future time.

Of course, that would be a feature request, not a complaint.

There’s a fair bit of work to be done to get the plugin to a state where this can be done; I am planning to start implementing changes that will lead in this direction, but no promises on when it will get there. There are loads of things that I want to do, it is just a case of finding the time.

Last edited by monkeyninja (2011-03-24 21:34:27)

#160 2011-03-24 21:37:34

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

decoderltd wrote:

Hi,

I’ve been using your plug-in without any problem until recently. While building a website for a printer client we put our own Twitter feed in place until they had set-up one themselves but despite uninstalling the plug-in, reinstalling and adding in the new details I now can’t get the feed to display our client’s tweets – oddly, it continues to show our tweets even with the plug-in disabled. I then tried deleting the arc-twitter table and the contents of the tmp folder and reinstalled again but to no avail and now I’m also getting this error:

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/sites/iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/home/sites/iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/tmp/3d101f29ddf231f539d17fb0a03ffe0e) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(638) : eval()’d code on line 871
Textpattern

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Have you made sure that you’ve re-connected to the new Twitter account and that the new one is showing on the Plugin’s options screen? The error message looks like your cache folder preference is wrong; again check on the options screen (unless you override this in the tag).

#161 2011-03-25 15:29:41

decoderltd
Website

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated.

The cache path was set to /home/sites/iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/tmp but when I changed to http://iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/public_html/textpattern/tmp it pulled in a couple of tweets – although I’ve set the limit to 3. In fact it doesn’t look like it’s working quite right as there are more available.

It might be connected to the file_put_contents... warning that I’m still getting, any ideas on what’s causing that?

#162 2011-03-25 17:31:36

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

decoderltd wrote:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated.

The cache path was set to /home/sites/iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/tmp but when I changed to http://iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/public_html/textpattern/tmp it pulled in a couple of tweets – although I’ve set the limit to 3. In fact it doesn’t look like it’s working quite right as there are more available.

It might be connected to the file_put_contents... warning that I’m still getting, any ideas on what’s causing that?

Looks like some of the tweets are retweets. Make sure that you have retweets=“true” in your tag to include them. Which version of the plugin are you using? Just want to check as there have been changes to some of this functionality over time.

#163 2011-03-27 07:28:16

lozmatic
Website

I’ve just upgraded a site to Textpattern 4.4.0 and get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’ in /domains/rrc.architxt.net/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(653) : eval()’d code on line 842

The above errors were caused by the plugin: arc_twitter

Any ideas?

#164 2011-03-27 07:39:51

jstubbs
Website

I had that the other day upgrading to 4.3.0 and just re-uploaded txplib_misc.php and the error went away. Worth a try.

#165 2011-03-27 08:00:36

lozmatic
Website

Hi – I tried that, but it didn’t work.

I had the alpha version installed but are having the same issue with 2.0beta.

#166 2011-03-28 14:37:23

decoderltd
Website

Looks like some of the tweets are retweets. Make sure that you have retweets=“true” in your tag to include them. Which version of the plugin are you using? Just want to check as there have been changes to some of this functionality over time.

Hi Andy,

I’ve checked the retweet and now it’s set to ‘true’ (sorry about that) but it’s still not updating, the odd thing is if I deactivate the plug-in the two old tweets still display. The plug-in version I’m using is 2.0beta. The following is the error that appears on the ‘Twiiter’ tab:

Warning: file_put_contents(http://iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/public_html/textpattern/tmp/3d101f29ddf231f539d17fb0a03ffe0e) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Connection refused in /home/sites/iconprintsolutions.co.uk/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(638) : eval()'d code on line 871

#167 2011-04-01 11:10:18

decoderltd
Website

Hi Andy,

Sorry to pester you but did you have any further thoughts on my arc_twitter woes? I’ve removed the beta version and installed the alpha version but still not getting any feeds coming in – there are two old ones sitting in the cache/tmp folder but nothing recent. Interestingly it does allow me to add a tweet via the extensions tab so it’s making a connection of sorts.

Any suggestions would be welcome as the client is keen to get their social media campaign up and running!

UPDATE: I’ve now re-typed my form (!) and it seems to be working but the limit attribute is causing problems. If it’s set at limit="3" it displays 2 tweets while limit="5" displays 3 tweets.

Last edited by decoderltd (2011-04-01 14:21:05)

#168 2011-04-01 14:35:20

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

decoderltd wrote:

Hi Andy,

Sorry to pester you but did you have any further thoughts on my arc_twitter woes? I’ve removed the beta version and installed the alpha version but still not getting any feeds coming in – there are two old ones sitting in the cache/tmp folder but nothing recent. Interestingly it does allow me to add a tweet via the extensions tab so it’s making a connection of sorts.

Any suggestions would be welcome as the client is keen to get their social media campaign up and running!

UPDATE: I’ve now re-typed my form (!) and it seems to be working but the limit attribute is causing problems. If it’s set at limit="3" it displays 2 tweets while limit="5" displays 3 tweets.

Glad you’ve got it working. The number of tweets being output sounds like a quirk of the Twitter API. You need to have retweets="true" to include retweets, otherwise Twitter excludes them but keeps them in the total count retrieved!

Board footer