Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#133 2011-01-05 19:09:17

TJ
Website

Re: TXP Tweet: arc_twitter and arc_twitter_intents

Hi, I’ll check on those plugins (I’ve got alot…)

Also, shouldn’t OAuth only be required once? (Full disclosure, I am not a programmer!) Just asking ;)

I’ll be back..

“…freely ye have received, freely give.” | www.PublishingAWebsite.com

#134 2011-01-05 19:29:45

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

TJ wrote:

Also, shouldn’t OAuth only be required once? (Full disclosure, I am not a programmer!) Just asking ;)

Your error message suggests that part of the OAuth code is being defined twice on your site so is getting confused what to use.

#135 2011-01-05 19:39:47

TJ
Website

Hi again,

Checked all plugins and none call OAuth .

I’m shared hosting on hostgator. Could there be a problem there? Where would I find that? (What would I look for.. php.ini?)

I’ve tried using this on sites with another provider and this worked fine.

Thanks.

#136 2011-01-05 21:37:07

TJ
Website

TJ wrote:

Hi all, Receiving this error
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OAuthException in /home/path/public_html/domain.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(484) : eval()’d code on line 1027
Love the plugin (I’ve used it since 0.1.2) but this has me stumped. I’ve cleared out all references ( I can find..) using prefalizer.
Didn’t see this issue anywhere else and thought I’d bring it up.
I’ve tried starting with the 1.0.2 beta (upgrade), then tried deleting the old plugin and installing new.
I give up. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

Here’s the fix for the above if you’re on hostagator shared hosting account or environment. Hostgator has a generic Oauth that is initialized with php.

I started a ticket and sent a message, “

Could you please disable any OAuth library enabled on my server since 
your version of the OAuth library lacks the OAuthSignatureMethod_HMAC_SHA1 class that
 twitter is demanding for tweets from my blog? 

They commented out that line in the php.ini file and I was up in 10 minutes!

Thanks again.

#137 2011-01-08 17:43:52

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Glad you managed to sort it TJ and thanks for sharing.

#138 2011-02-14 16:48:57

zeusdidit

Dear MonkeyNinja,

First I wanted to say thank you for your plugin and I had a small request.

Every so often I find that my URL’s get truncated due to apostrophes or dashes or I just feel like creating shorter and friendlier URLs. So I’ve been editing the URLs a bit using the TXP URL-only title area in the Write Tab.

Generally my process is to save an article without publishing it to Twitter to make sure it looks right and the URL’s work favorably. Once the article is checked it gets posted twitter.

I was hoping that if I save an article first and I use the URL-only title that it would in turn create a tiny.url using that URL information but it keeps using the information from the Post’s Title.

Any lucky chance this would be possible? There’s a couple of options I can think of.
1. Can you point me to where in the code I can change that information for just my site.
2. Check what the URL information is being used.
3. Give the user a Drop Down to choose Title or URL-only title as which tiny.url to use to create.

If it’s possible great. Let me know your thoughts and again many thanks for your great plugin.

Many thanks,
Zeus

#139 2011-02-14 18:47:21

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

zeusdidit wrote:

Dear MonkeyNinja,

First I wanted to say thank you for your plugin and I had a small request.

Every so often I find that my URL’s get truncated due to apostrophes or dashes or I just feel like creating shorter and friendlier URLs. So I’ve been editing the URLs a bit using the TXP URL-only title area in the Write Tab.

Generally my process is to save an article without publishing it to Twitter to make sure it looks right and the URL’s work favorably. Once the article is checked it gets posted twitter.

I was hoping that if I save an article first and I use the URL-only title that it would in turn create a tiny.url using that URL information but it keeps using the information from the Post’s Title.

Any lucky chance this would be possible? There’s a couple of options I can think of.
1. Can you point me to where in the code I can change that information for just my site.
2. Check what the URL information is being used.
3. Give the user a Drop Down to choose Title or URL-only title as which tiny.url to use to create.

If it’s possible great. Let me know your thoughts and again many thanks for your great plugin.

Many thanks,
Zeus

Hi Zeus,

I thought this was working, but perhaps I am mistaken. What version are you using?

The URL gets set in the arc_article_tweet method using Textpattern’s very own permlinkurl method (line 730 in the dev version). Maybe this isn’t working as I expected, but I thought I had been successfully building URLs.

Andy

#140 2011-02-14 22:24:55

ashground
Website

I came by to mention the same problem — when I publish an article with an apostrophe, the tinyurl breaks. For example:

Article name: 2011 Women’s Memorial March
Article URL: http://aaronhildebrandt.com/blog/2011-women-s-memorial-march
TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/4ly7ns4 > http://aaronhildebrandt.com/blog/2011-womens-memorial-march

As you can see, TXP adds a hyphen where is apostrophe is supposed to be, whereas arc_twitter just removes it. This is in 1.0.4 on 4.2.0.

#141 2011-02-14 23:33:49

zeusdidit

Andy,
I’m using version 1.0.4 on 4.20, same as ashground. Can I test your new release?

#142 2011-02-18 14:11:14

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

@ashground

Why not simply amend the ‘URL-only-title’ field in your article so it matches the tinyURL version? I’d say it’s more a textpattern core problem than an arc_twitter problem that apostrophes are turned into hyphens in URLs.

Last edited by philwareham (2011-02-18 14:11:46)

#143 2011-02-18 15:03:00

zeusdidit

in total agreement with Phil…!

#144 2011-02-19 04:03:52

ashground
Website

I’d rather not have to double-check the URL field every single time I post an article. Here’s a quick, albeit untested, hack to fix it:

Find this:

$url = permlinkurl($article);

and replace it with this:

$url = permlinkurl(str_replace("'", "-", $article));

Board footer