Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-11-08 17:36:49

mlarino

TXP CSS loading problem?

I found out about this using the custom fields plugin and now with the bot_admin_tooltips.
Is not a problem with the plugins.

I tested this with many different computers, and browsers, and in my knowledge is not a cache problem either…

The Problem:
Login in the website first shows the write tab where all the custom fields are unorganized (css problem) and the tooltips dont show up.

I click again in write to reload the page and everything is back to normal. custom fields are in the correct place and tooltips are now visible.

Has someone had this problem?
I can send images if you want to see…

Thanks

#2 2009-11-08 18:00:36

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: TXP CSS loading problem?

How can you be 100% sure it’s not a plugin problem? That’s where I’d start looking.

#3 2009-11-08 19:27:47

mlarino

I am not super sure…. but noone using those plugins seems to have an issue with this…

#4 2009-11-08 22:08:17

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

The easiest way to check would be to de-activate your plugins one at a time and see if the problem goes away, then if you don’t find a problem with any particular plugin de-activate all of them and see what happens. At least that way we will know for sure.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#5 2009-11-08 23:22:39

mlarino

Yes, the problem is that those plugins are the ones that change the look of the write tab (one adding custom fields, and the other tooltips)
So if I de-activate I wont see the changes.

The problem is hard to explain, I will take some screenshots so you can see them.

#6 2009-11-08 23:45:16

els

mlarino wrote:

Yes, the problem is that those plugins are the ones that change the look of the write tab

In that case, shouldn’t you better post in the plugin threads?

#7 2009-11-09 00:04:03

redbot
Plugin Author

mlarino

You are probably having problem with jquery, not css.
Both plugins you mentioned modify the “write” tab through jquery so a thing you could do is to check the source code of the “write” tab and look for the presence of the corresponding jquery scripts (for bot_admin_tooltips you can search for “qtip”).
If the script is there (likely) then this is a problem with jquery execution. Maybe it’s interfering with other js scripts? does glz_custom work if you disable bot_admin_tooltips or vice-versa?
I’m sorry but I can’t help too much, as you said I never heard nor experienced myself similar problems…

#8 2009-11-09 00:22:28

mlarino

Ok, here are some images to explain better the problem.

It hapends to me in all the websites that use either the custome fields plugin or the tooltips plugin. both plugins are not used at the same time.
Here are 2 examples of the error in 2 different websites.

Tooltip problem:(notice the lack of (?) in the first image and how the appear in the second)
this image is what I see after logging in: image1
and this what I see after hiting “Write” again: image2

Custom fields problem: (notice the left side rendering)
this image is what I see after logging in: image3
and this what I see after hiting “Write” again: image4

Ofcourse the second image in both is what I should be able to see right after login, without beeing forced to refresh hiting “write again.

Last edited by mlarino (2009-11-09 00:24:32)

#9 2009-11-09 11:53:44

redbot
Plugin Author

mlarino
I understood the problem and – as I said in my previous post – this means that the js code is not executed properly when you first login. I really can’t imagine what can be causing this. I don’t think is a plugin problem (at least regarding the two plugins you mentioned). A hint could be that you are experiencing the problem in two different sites so:
1) are they on the same server ?
2) are you using other plugins or hack in both sites?
If I’m not wrong I think you should have the same problem if you install other plugins which modify the write tab using jquery, such as sed_section_fields or rah_for_each_section to name a few. That said I’m sorry but I continue to have no idea what can be the cause of this strange behaviour and I hope someone more experienced can help you.

#10 2009-11-09 12:11:38

mlarino

1- Yes they are both in the same server
2- I am using other plugins, but I de-activated all to see if something was causing the error.

Is there something I can check to see if its the Jquery?

#11 2009-11-09 12:36:00

uli

mlarino wrote:

Is there something I can check to see if its the Jquery?

Yes:

redbot wrote:

install other plugins which modify the write tab using jquery, such as sed_section_fields or rah_for_each_section to name a few.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#12 2009-11-09 12:53:58

mlarino

I am using sed_section_fields, and you are right, is not hiding the static sections. so it is a Jquery problem….

Dont understand why.
Does Jquery come with the textpattern instalation or do I have to install it myself?

Board footer