Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-11-13 22:54:28

els

Re: taghandlers.php : remove hardcoded <br> tags

uli wrote:

If you specify a label tag it is not even applied/output although the attribute’s name suggests so

Uli, I don’t quite get it; there is no labeltag attribute, so I assume that is not what you meant?

#14 2009-11-13 23:14:38

uli

Els wrote:

there is no labeltag attribute

Of course you’re right.

I think calling it “label” made me think the thing that’s named label here would be enclosed by labeltags, because otherwise I wouldn’t need an attribute, I could just write it in front of the form, semantically perfect or not. Small “but”, I know: It would be outside of the form then.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#15 2009-11-24 06:03:08

TheEric
Plugin Author

Bloke wrote:

fwiw I find the forced br a little annoying at times, especially when using the core’s ‘label’ feature in plugins. The alternative is to code the label stuff manually, but that adds bloat to plugins and using the core functionality is simpler (br notwithstanding).

So … I don’t know, remove three characters, “br.”?

Their should not be any markup that the user doesn’t explicitly specify.

#16 2009-11-24 06:20:22

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Eric, the disutility of hard-coded markup in core tags is undisputed. This thread is currently revolving around suggestions on how to solve this in a backward-compatible, coherent manner.

Board footer