Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2009-11-07 02:46:19

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Re: mem_postmaster - Postmaster Revamp

Posted new version

• Both first and last name fields are searched.
  • Fixed the zcr unsubscribe form feature

#86 2009-11-07 10:59:44

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

Does the import feature is working now please?
I went back to the old plugin until this issue will be fixed.

#87 2009-11-07 19:14:45

mrdale
Website

Now that we have the basics covered (I think all the bugs have been sqwershed) I’m thinking about co-sponsoring a new version with the following features.

Version 2 Proposed Features

• Attachments to mass mail via a custom field in an article and the file capability on TXP
  • Ten more custom fields that will only display if labeled via the Postmaster prefs.
  • to send to more than one list at time, without duplicating emails for subscribers of multiple lists.

Are there any features you would like to see? Post your ideas for discussion and we’ll construct a V2 feature list. We’ll evaluate each item for cost/benefit ratio.

I’m willing to pay for development for the above two features, and will accept contributions from those interested to share the cost.

Last edited by mrdale (2009-11-10 22:11:42)

#88 2009-11-07 19:32:35

maniqui
Website

Hi Dale,
thanks for keep taking this plugin to the next level.
Haven’t had time or chance yet to test it.

Regarding features: what about using Postmaster to create a mechanism to subscribe/unsubscribe to/from comments/posts? Too much out of the scope?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#89 2009-11-10 03:48:55

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

THE BLUE DRAGON wrote:

Does the import feature is working now please?
I went back to the old plugin until this issue will be fixed.

I’m unable to reproduce import errors and others have successfully exported/imported large lists.

#90 2009-11-10 18:06:56

PascalL
Website

No problem with import here!
My wishlist has just one item for now:
Be able to send to more than one list at time, without duplicating emails for subscribers of multiple lists.

I know this is more or less possible by creating some “dummy” lists each time before sending, but this is cumbersome and not easy for users to remember.

Thanks Manfre for the very good plugin, Mrdale for the impulse, and all the contributors !

#91 2009-11-10 21:53:00

mrdale
Website

Yeah PascalL, I think that’s a good idea. Added to the list

#92 2009-11-22 22:30:36

paperboy
Website

I haven’t updated to Txp 4.2 or Postmaster Revamp yet but this post, smd_if and a persistent spambot finally pushed me to make my newsletter double opt-in. I’m sure only some small changes needs to be done for it to work in Txp 4.2/Revamp.

I put these three smd_if blocks of code in a single article in it’s own “newsletter” section and after a couple of hours of testing it seems to work well:

<txp:smd_if field="urlvar:uid, urlvar:name, urlvar:email" operator="undefined, undefined, undefined">
 <h2>Newsletter</h2>
 <p>Subscribe to our newsletter bla bla blah!</p>
 <txp:zem_contact to="myemail@mydomain.com" label="" copysender="yes" subject="Paperboy newsletter sign-up confirmation" thanks="<p>Now that that's done you should check your inbox where you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions.</p>">
  <txp:zem_contact_text name="subname" label="Your name" break="" />
  <txp:zem_contact_email name="subemail" label="Your email address" break="" />
  <txp:zem_contact_secret label="Message" value='<txp:smd_if field="postvar:subname, postvar:subemail" operator="isused, isused" filter="/\s/" replace="%20">To complete the sign up to the Paperboy newsletter you need to click this link and confirm your name and email address: http://www.mydomain.com/newsletter/?name={smd_if_subname}&email={smd_if_subemail}</txp:smd_if>' />
  <txp:zem_contact_submit label="Submit" />
 </txp:zem_contact>
</txp:smd_if>
<txp:smd_if field="urlvar:name, urlvar:email" operator="defined, defined">
 <h2>Newsletter sign-up confirmation</h2>
 <p>Welcome back <em>{smd_if_name}</em>,</p>
 <p>You are about to subscribe to the <em>Paperboy newsletter</em> using this email-address: <em>{smd_if_email}</em>.</p>
 <p>You will be able to unsubscribe anytime just by clicking a link in the newsletter that gets sent out.</p>
 <txp:zem_contact to="myemail@mydomain.com" label="" copysender="no" subject="New subscriber" thanks="<p><strong>Thank you</strong> for signing up bla bla blah...</p>">
  <txp:zem_contact_secret name="zemSubscriberName" label="Name" value="{smd_if_name}" break="" />
  <txp:zem_contact_secret name="zemSubscriberEmail" label="Email" value="{smd_if_email}" break="" />
  <txp:zem_contact_secret name="zemSubscriberLists" label="Newsletter" value="newsletter1" />
  <txp:zem_contact_serverinfo name="REMOTE_ADDR" label="IP number" />
  <txp:zem_contact_serverinfo name="HTTP_USER_AGENT" label="Browser" />
  <txp:zem_contact_submit label="Yes - subscribe!" />
 </txp:zem_contact>
<txp:smd_if field="urlvar:uid" operator="defined">
 <h2>You are now unsubscribed</h2>
 <p>You were successfully removed from our database and your name and your email address has been permanently deleted.</p>
<txp:bab_pm_unsubscribe />

It may help someone else who needs double opt-in, or if you have any ideas how to make it better they’re welcome!

#93 2009-12-01 19:33:09

angka

Help! Everything is working great with Postmaster except for one maddening little problem that is preventing me from using it. The title of the email, once sent, is showing the ASCII for a nonbreaking space (&-#-160;) between the next-to-last and last words in the title. I don’t know why this is happening but I can’t make it not happen. Is this an error anyone else is seeing? Thanks!

#94 2009-12-01 19:34:28

truist
Plugin Author
Website

I’m also seeing it. (I’ve been seeing it as long as I’ve been using it, but I just lived with it.)

#95 2009-12-01 19:38:56

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Admin->Prefs->Advanced:
“Prevent widowed words in article titles?”

The email subject is using the article’s title, which is subject to the above setting. Disabling this setting will prevent the space character between the last 2 words of the title. I’ll add this to the list of things to fix for the next release.

#96 2009-12-01 19:44:14

angka

This worked! Seems small but was actually really vexing to me, thanks so much!

Board footer