Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [archived] bsl_audioscrobbler

#97 2006-02-20 16:07:32

instantok

Re: [archived] bsl_audioscrobbler

any updates on this? i’ve tried installing it but can’t seem to get it running. i guess because of Amazon’s new developer pack?

EDIT

So I’ve got it running <del>but it can’t seem to find any album art from amazon</del>. Also, any advice on getting this to run along with txp.icio.us <a href=“http://outoverthevoid.com/projects/73/txp.icio.us”>http://outoverthevoid.com/projects/73/txp.icio.us</a>? I need some help figuring out how to make them both use the same install of magpierss

Last edited by instantok (2006-02-21 14:22:41)

#98 2007-02-17 21:29:24

duchamp
Website

Is anyone using this plugin with good results, obtaining the list with each respective image?
Jon Hicks have his playlist working!
Hello Jon! Are you using this plugin?

Thx in advance!

#99 2007-03-09 17:34:00

tkn
Website

Anyone have a copy of the SDK 3.0 for rmc_audioscrobbler? It is no longer available on Amazon’s website….

#100 2007-03-09 19:23:45

kevinashworth
Website

I started to work on a new solution for this. The following code is running without too many problems on my site, so I’m done looking for a better solution, but I don’t understand it all. If it helps you, wonderful: http://textsnippets.com/posts/show/932

#101 2007-03-11 22:00:37

aswihart
Website

I saw Jon Hicks’ site as well, that is pretty much everything I could want and more. I e-mailed him to see if he could share any help on what he is doing to get that result (mostly the album art and links to Amazon I’m interested in).

I just installed the plugin (using v0.6), and replaced the code with that linked to in the last post by Kevin Ashworth, and it is working in general. I have the author tag working just fine with the ‘keywords’ hack described on the last page. I’m getting tracks listed twice sometimes, but only when the number of tracks I’ve listened to is less than the number I set to display. Even then, it is erratic – like now I have 8 tracks listed, none duplicated, while my number set to display is 10, so it’s working fine in this instance.

What is working:
Forms
Track Names with link to Last.fm (although they are listed twice erratically)
Author Names (with ‘keywords’ hack)

My tag:
<txp:XXX_audioscrobbler limit="10" usecache="1" cachepath="./as_cache" form="audioscrobbler" username="andrewswihart" />

My form:
<br /><span class="songauthor"><txp:keywords /></span>: <txp:permlink><span class="songtitle"><txp:title /></span></txp:permlink>

Note, instead of using txp:author in the form, the hack uses txp:keywords instead. You may want to put the <br /> at the end, depending on the context.

Kevin – Have you gotten the Amazon album art working at this point? Is there an option to link to Amazon?

Last edited by aswihart (2007-03-12 21:56:47)

#102 2007-03-12 12:37:40

aswihart
Website

Heard back from Jon Hicks, and apparently his album art and links to Amazon are done manually, with no audioscrobbler integration.

Anyone know if there is a way to make this plugin keep your last tracks displayed for a longer time? I see the attributes cacheoldtime and feedtimeout in the help file. I wonder if increasing the cacheoldtime is what I should do. Kind of sucks that I have to physically be playing music constantly for it to have my recent music displayed.

Last edited by aswihart (2007-03-12 14:40:39)

#103 2007-03-12 21:30:54

tkn
Website

I have been using iTunesWatcher instead to get album art, but the problem is that it runs an Applescript to monitor iTunes and update the database. I am trying to replace those functions with something that will parse the RSS feed from last.fm, but I am not that great of a programmer and haven’t been successful.

#104 2007-03-12 21:55:47

aswihart
Website

Jon Hicks gave me notice that he is soon to post on his blog about his album art / Amazon implementation, for anyone interested.

I’m PC only at the moment, so no iTunes for me. Actually I’m looking forward to hearing what Jon Hicks is doing on his site, even if it is done manually (not sure how manual he means). He has a referral from his site in the link to the albums on Amazon, which I found interesting. It would be great to be able to make some pocket change by getting a cut from Amazon for those links.

#105 2007-03-12 23:58:01

kevinashworth
Website

aswihart wrote:

Kind of sucks that I have to physically be playing music constantly for it to have my recent music displayed.

The new http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/user/XXX/recenttracks.xml data persists much longer than the old feed. Hours and hours and hours. Not so bad. One of the main reasons I wrote my own plugin, to use this new feed.

#106 2007-03-13 03:18:03

aswihart
Website

I guess I’m using it, because I copied your code (haven’t looked at it too much). But the data is still gone the next day. It sounds like it was a lot worse before, so thanks for improving it at least a little bit!

Last edited by aswihart (2007-03-13 03:18:50)

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [archived] bsl_audioscrobbler

Board footer