Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-06-30 22:46:54

TheEric
Plugin Author

Re: Tipattern - hard mod of the textpattern

If you’re interested in writing a better version of TXP, try joining #xpat on freenode.

#14 2009-07-01 18:58:42

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Would all the Textpattern forks please do their PR / bug tracking on their own premises? Thank you.

#15 2009-07-04 15:29:48

mrdale
Website

fork schmork, we’re all fans of TXP… this is a good thing.

#16 2009-07-04 16:46:57

keith
Website

I’m 100% with Robert here – maybe it’s a good thing, but this is Textpattern’s home: I can always choose to visit the Tipattern or XPat communities if I want to read about them…

Keith
Blyth, Northumberland, England
Capture The Moment

#17 2009-07-04 17:16:00

jnope
Website

IMHO … This is a forum, I am writing my opinion, I share my ideas, philosophy of open source and git, fork to add other ideas to improve the integration, if the community is closed and you can not work what the code is open, one that I created in my small and available to everyone and everyone can edit and / or use as they see fit, I think that this is the right spirit and I repeat that it is my humble opinion. I think it gives better discuss that remain closed in their own ideas:)

—-
jnope – Luca Sabato
the Nomad Code

#18 2009-07-04 17:20:06

mrdale
Website

I just feel like there’s very little point in getting territorial about this. It’s a world of ideas, and while I’m not about to run a hacked/forked version of TXP on a prime time site. Doesn’t it help everyone to be exposed to different ideas. I like to see how people can bend TXP and can’t really understand what the

And don’t even bring up the point of wasted bandwith/pixels/etc…

This is “General Discussions: Web development, miscellaneous topics, anything not really Textpattern-related.” so I can go on at length about my obsession with Cigar Smoking nuns if I like, right? Damn she’s a cutie!

[edited to add a second image for cross cultural sensitivity]

Last edited by mrdale (2009-07-04 17:28:17)

#19 2009-07-04 17:22:41

jnope
Website

danwoodward wrote:

found a fix for this. See on Git hub issue tracker

tanks i work to add some new feature and back compatibility whit stable trunk of txp, please wait stay tuned ;P

—-
jnope – Luca Sabato
the Nomad Code

#20 2009-07-04 17:52:40

jnope
Website

mrdale wrote:

I just feel like there’s very little point in getting territorial about this. It’s a world of ideas, and while I’m not about to run a hacked/forked version of TXP on a prime time site. Doesn’t it help everyone to be exposed to different ideas. I like to see how people can bend TXP and can’t really understand what the

And don’t even bring up the point of wasted bandwith/pixels/etc…

This is “General Discussions: Web development, miscellaneous topics, anything not really Textpattern-related.” so I can go on at length about my obsession with Cigar Smoking nuns if I like, right? Damn she’s a cutie!

[edited to add a second image for cross cultural sensitivity]

mmmm ???

more ideas = good discussion ;)

—-
jnope – Luca Sabato
the Nomad Code

#21 2009-07-04 17:57:11

jstubbs
Website

wet wrote:

Would all the Textpattern forks please do their PR / bug tracking on their own premises? Thank you.

Robert (wet) requested that any PR or bug reports of forks were kept on their own site, not that you should stop discussing ideas.

#22 2009-07-04 18:50:02

mrdale
Website

jstubbs wrote:

Robert (wet) requested that any PR or bug reports of forks were kept on their own site, not that you should stop discussing ideas.

A “General” forum topic is er… General. It’s hard for me not to see this as a wee bit silly. Consider this… if someone wants to know how to fix some kind of jQuery integration issue with TXP, we don’t tell them to go fly a kite and discuss that somewhere else…

Like I said, it really doesn’t matter to me, but part of what I like about this forum is that every now and then someone bends TXP in a different way. I like to know about that without having to go on a google hunt.

#23 2009-07-04 19:00:33

reid
Website

wet wrote:

pleaseThank you.

I think the Internet has officially made asking politely a quaint artifact.

My personal opinion only. Do carry on as you please.

TextPattern user since 04/04/04

#24 2009-07-04 21:08:20

els

I wrote:

Still, it’s not a very good idea to ask people to post bug reports on this forum, unless you turn it into a plugin ;)

We’re only saying that this forum is not meant to be a ti, x (or anything other than text) pattern support forum. No more is it a place to actively promote your ti or x or rolexes or whatever.
Mention it here, discuss it here for a while, and if it turns out that people are interested create your own discussion space.

mrdale: to a certain extent, not at length ;)

Board footer