Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-05-13 18:03:15

els

Re: [resolved] Textpattern CMS interface stuck on Admin->Preferences->Language

lehan wrote:

the plugins are now reporting widespread errors.

Yes, of course they are ;) ignore them for the moment, they will go away once you re-activate the plugins.

I think this may be the important part:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DNUMBER in /var/www/html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()’d code on line 45
The above errors were caused by the plugin:rss_live_search

The plugin is causing an error even when it is disabled… Maybe you should try if removing it helps.

#14 2009-05-13 18:09:17

lehan

Okay, all plugins are now disabled, this is the error message I get with the site set to debug:

Tag error: <txp:kml_flashembed_js src=“http://www.lehan.ca/js/swfobject.js”/> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104
textpattern/publish.php:1104 trigger_error()
textpattern/publish.php:1012 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:496 parse()
index.php:33 textpattern()
Tag error: <txp:rss_live_search_js /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104
Tag error: <txp:rss_live_search /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104
Tag error: <txp:wet_thumbfilter category=“gallery” limit=“9” /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104
Tag error: <txp:wet_thumbfilter category=“video” limit=“6” /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104

Looks to me like these four plugins, wet_thumbfilter, rss_live_search, kml_flashembed_js, are the offending culprits. What’s bizarre is that all four were working perfectly prior to my initial issue arising. Why would they now suddenly go funky?

Reminder, all this started when I attempted to install a second copy of textpattern in a subdomain on my server. I created a separate database for it, but clearly something cross-polluted.

Last edited by lehan (2009-05-13 18:20:23)

#15 2009-05-13 18:18:55

els

lehan wrote:

Looks to me like these four plugins, wet_thumbfilter, rss_live_search, kml_flashembed_js, are the offending culprits.

No, they are not. Of course the tags don’t exist if you disabled the plugins. These warnings have nothing to do with your problem. So you still can’t get past the languages page?

#16 2009-05-13 18:29:00

lehan

Els wrote:

No, they are not. Of course the tags don’t exist if you disabled the plugins. These warnings have nothing to do with your problem. So you still can’t get past the languages page?

I cannot.

Last edited by lehan (2009-05-13 18:29:53)

#17 2009-05-13 18:47:02

els

lehan wrote:

I’ve removed the subdomain textpattern install however. This problem is occurring in an install on the top directory of my webserver. It worked without any trouble for over year, until I attempted the second textpattern install.

Wild guess: you don’t happen to have a section with the same name as your subdirectory?

#18 2009-05-13 18:50:07

lehan

An interesting hypothesis, but no. The subdomain is named blog and none of my textpattern sections in the main install use that name.

**** Update Els!

I did, as a matter of fact, have a section called blog in my main site. Your wild guess was actually correct.

I reinstalled Textpattern on the server, backed up my SQL database without the plugins, and reinstalled the plugins separately.
The site is back to it’s state before all the problems began.

Thanks to all for your help

Last edited by lehan (2009-05-13 19:55:06)

Board footer