Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#145 2009-11-10 14:48:40

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

Re: Admin Side Theming! (r3149)

OK there is a problem with the Remora and IE6/7 (Compatibility view)
when you onmouse over on the main menu links (li)
the second menus are open to the right side and not to the bottom
so I made a change and wrap the UL of each menu with DIV element to solve it:

open the remora.php file
replace:
$out[] = '<ul>';
with:
$out[] = '<div><ul>';

replace:
$out[] = '</ul>';
with:
$out[] = '</ul></div>';

that’s all save and upload the file
and you are ready and have a working dropdown Remora menus in IE6.

I aslo added the meta tag <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" /> into the HEAD in the txplib_head.php file.
so my client will not need to click on the Compatibility View, and it will always be in compatibility view mode.

Last edited by THE BLUE DRAGON (2009-11-12 23:55:08)

#146 2009-11-11 13:59:55

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

THE BLUE DRAGON,
fwiw, the code your show above is invalid, an ul cannot be nested inside a span.
And I think it should be a rather simple css fix, but I haven’t looked at the remora stylesheet.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#147 2009-11-11 14:14:12

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

phiw13 wrote:

THE BLUE DRAGON,
fwiw, the code your show above is invalid, an ul cannot be nested inside a span.

Yea I don’t know how to add the tabs names to the <ul> as id.
I have no programming knowledge.
but it does works.

#148 2009-11-12 07:50:20

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

you could replace the span with a div.

#149 2009-11-12 23:52:50

THE BLUE DRAGON
Website

phiw13 wrote:

you could replace the span with a div.

cool by just wrap the UL with DIV it solve the problem without any scripts thanks ;)
(I edited my post above with the new changes)

#150 2009-12-06 21:05:58

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Late to the discussion,

Yesterday, I spent a number of hours tweaking one of my sites. Most of the time I spent it in the presentation/forms page, moving stuff around.

My laptop’s resolution is 1280×800, with tabs open in Firefox, the save button is always below the fold, requiring a scroll down to click save on every change. This prompted me to enable Remora to get more screen real estate, but still no save button in site.

Today, I read this whole thread, read Textbook’s admin side theme page and have come away with the knowledge that in order to make element changes in the backend admin, I may have to modify core code. Am I making the right assumption?

#151 2009-12-07 13:10:49

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

As I understand it Bert, an admin theme can make modifications to the header and footer via the .php file but the rest of the page has been left to the wiles of the plugin writers to do their darnedest with. I gather several “pluggable_ui” hooks have been added for this purpose.

Last edited by thebombsite (2009-12-07 13:11:19)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#152 2009-12-07 13:26:52

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Bert, I suppose you are referring to the ‘write’ tab. If you click on the ‘more’ heading, it will collapse (if the box below is expanded). With my personal theme, the submit button is then 610px from the top of the browser window – and with the remora theme it is 550px.

I suppose you could write a little plugin to move the submit button to the top of the page – I even think such a plugin might already exist, but my memory is fuzzy… :=)

#153 2009-12-07 15:31:49

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Stuart, I’m looking into what a plugin can do to the look and feel of the backend, though in my case I think it would be easier to remove the Preview button on the forms tab and that will move the Save button up.

Philippe, the Write tab is fine, as you point out with the More link collapsed the Save button is above the fold.

After using Textpattern for 4 years now, I know what I can jettison from the admin. The Tag Builder is something I’ve never used, in it’s place the form name, type and save buttons could happily move in. I spend a lot of time in the Presentation section of the admin and a few tweaks here and there would make my time more productive. I know that the admin area has been kept the same for plugin compatibility between releases and I’m not here to campaign for changes. Since I don’t use any plugins that affect the look and feel of the admin, I can easily make what changes I need and merge my mods when a new release comes out.

Maybe we should of called r3149, Admin Personas ;)

#154 2009-12-08 00:09:43

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

hcgtv wrote:

Philippe, the Write tab is fine, as you point out with the More link collapsed the Save button is above the fold.

Ah, the forms tab. I reshuffled the html code on my side :-) it takes up only 4 lines now (instead of 7).
screenie: http://dev.l-c-n.com/_b/txp_forms.png

I’ll dig into the code and generate a patch if you want it (I think I even submitted one to the mailing list, once upon a time).

#155 2009-12-08 02:01:42

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

If you ask me accesskeys might help some. Can be done easily with a little plugin.

Last edited by Gocom (2009-12-08 02:01:53)

#156 2009-12-08 04:29:01

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

phiw13 wrote:

Ah, the forms tab. I reshuffled the html code on my side :-) it takes up only 4 lines now (instead of 7).
screenie: http://dev.l-c-n.com/_b/txp_forms.png

Yes, you’re on the same path as I. I got rid of the preview and made it even leaner. But looking at the Pages and Style tabs, one wonders why the Forms save dialogue is different, my only guess it’s about the protected forms.

Gocom wrote:

If you ask me accesskeys might help some. Can be done easily with a little plugin.

I was thinking the same thing, when Textbook turned up nothing, I figured that it wasn’t an option.

Remora is growing on me though, so I’ll use it as the basis for my own theme, at least what I can achieve via CSS. I’ve already jettisoned the Tag Builders and widened the Textareas. What I’m trying to accomplish is a consistent look between the Pages, Forms and Style Tabs. I don’t want to have to stop and think what tab I’m on, where are the buttons, I just want to concentrate on the coding of a site’s theme.

Board footer