Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2009-02-20 02:53:38

formed

Re: [request] Bounty: Ultimate Nav Menu Builder

This is the most amazing community ever. I have a new website on the cards which requires some section / sub-section / sub-sub-section magic, and they need to be easily re-ordered (or added to) by the client. I was just starting to think that I may need to jump ship to EE, and then a moment of clarity to search this forum results in this. Even if this isn’t developed before I have use for it, it’s brilliant work all the same and I will be implementing it A.S.A.P!

What’s the process for donations? :) Currently broke, boo-hoo, but as soon as I can I’d like to contribute.

#38 2009-02-20 03:59:46

gomedia
Plugin Author

formed wrote:

What’s the process for donations? :) Currently broke, boo-hoo, but as soon as I can I’d like to contribute.

Hi formed. Hang onto your money (or the space where your money should be) for the time being. There is something you can contribute to straight away though, and that is testing what we have so far. Which is:

• the ability, using adi_menu, to create a section hierarchy which includes articles and dovetails the two together.
  • a demonstration drag & drop plugin, and jelle is working on one that will do a hierarchy as well.

The limitations at the moment are:

• the ordering of sections & articles can only be done alphabetically
  • the drag & drop interface doesn’t interacte with the Textpattern database yet
  • I/we haven’t quite worked out how to marry the functionality of a custom sort which is set in an admin tab but specified by a plugin tag.

If you want to have a play, download adi_menu version 0.8.1 and use the test="1" attribute to switch on the enhanced articles functionality.

Cheers,

Adi

#39 2009-02-23 03:31:20

formed

Cool, thanks for the info.

I will set-up a local sandbox and play around :)

Board footer